Nexus Blitz is making its return in the League of Legends 2021 preseason with a couple of new changes.
League of Legends’ only experimental mode, Nexus Blitz, made its come back in 2020 with the Spirit Blossom event after two years. Riot not only brought Nexus Blitz to the game but also made some significant changes to the mode.
However, even with all the new changes, Nexus Blitz apparently lost around 70% of the player base in the second week of its release in patch 10.15. League players were extremely unhappy with the introduction of Golem. Moreover, a lot of players also felt Elder dragon buff or Dragon souls were not that rewarding as well. With all these complaints Riot eventually ended the mode on patch 10.16.
And now in the preseason, Riot is re-releasing Nexus Blitz with new art changes, updated Jungle Guardian behaviors, and others.
Nexus Blitz Start Date
Nexus Blitz is expected to start from League of Legends preseason patch 10.25, December 9, 2020.
New Nexus Blitz Changes for the Preseason
New Art Changes!
- The Temple of Lily and Lotus has gone into full bloom, with new statues and atmospheric changes to push the art direction of the map even further beyond, and help differentiate the two sides of the map from each other! And we’ve added extra cuteness with some updated Little Legends shopkeepers.
Integration with the new Summoner’s Rift Item Update!
- You’ll notice that all of the new Items are active in the mode. And URF Deathmatch now gives ability haste and Item Haste instead of Cooldown Reduction (note: there are a few outstanding bugs)
Removal of legacy items (RIP DFG) with the exception of Golden Spatula!
- We thought with all of the new items added during this preseason, having the legacy items on top of that would create too much confusion, so we have removed them for now. But don’t fret, they will likely come back in a future update!
New area in the bot lane!
- We have added a new island in the jungle near the bottom lane of the map (currently coined as ‘Scuttle Island’) to hopefully break up some of the stuck gameplay patterns we were observing last time the mode was live. Let us know what you think, if you feel safer or unsafe playing in the bot lane, and what new ganking opportunities arise as a jungler!
Jungle Guardian Changes!
- Based off of feedback from the last run of Nexus Blitz, we have made some updates to the Jungle Guardian tuning and behaviors.