Riot Games officially confirms that Pick URF will be League of Legends’ next rotating game mode — releasing on patch 12.19.
Besides the two permanent game modes, Summoner’s Rift & ARAM, League of Legends also has a fair share of rotating game modes, one of which is Ultra Rapid Fire, aka URF.
Though League has some beloved game modes like Ascension, Odyssey, and others, according to Riot, they tend to lose playerbase just after a few days. But URF, on the other hand, always attracts more players and sometimes even surpasses ARAM in terms of popularity.
We already had ARURF earlier this year, and since one of the biggest events of the year, Spirit Blossom 2022, is on the horizon, many players wanted Riot to add Nexus Blitz just like last time. However, Design Lead for the Modes Team, Riot Maxw3ll, has now officially confirmed that Pick URF will be the next rotating game mode in League of Legends.
League of Legends URF 2022
URF is a featured game mode in League of Legends best known for having a very low cooldown on champions’ abilities and infinite mana. Unlike ARURF, where champions are assigned to the players randomly, in URF, players can pick their own champions.
When Will URF 2022 Be Released?
According to League of Legends’ Design Lead for the Modes Team, Riot Maxw3ll, Pick URF will hit the PBE soon, and it is scheduled to start from patch 12.19, October 6, 2022.
URF will be a part of the new Worlds 2022 event. And it will end at the same time as the event end.
URF Game mode Details
URF is played on the Summoner’s Rift, and you will have the ability to pick any champions you like. As in pick URF, you start with level 1; some champions have a little edge over others in the early game. Hence, picking the best champions is the key to winning games and not getting tilted.
Previous ARURF changes that were implemented to embrace the item rework better should be on the URF as well:
- +300 ability haste, summoner spell haste, and item haste.
- +25% tenacity.
- +60 movement speed.
- If you’re a mana champ: Bonus mana is converted to HP (35% rate), and bonus mana regen is converted to HP (100% rate)
Some additional info:
- Mana and Energy consumption reduced by 100%.
- Charge rate reduced to 30 seconds from 75 seconds.
- Cooldown between charges reduced to 10 seconds from 15 seconds.
- Teleport is disabled.
- Baron Nashor’s initial spawn time is on 10 minutes.
- Dragon’s initial spawn time is on 4 minutes.
- Items Removed: Cull, Dark Seal / Mejai’s Soulstealer, Relic Shield, Spectral Sickle, Spellthief’s Edge, Steel Shoulderguards, and Watchful Wardstone / Vigilant Wardstone.
- Early surrender: players can unanimously surrender at 8 minutes.
What is the Highest Level Cap in URF?
Currently, the highest level cap you can reach in URF is level 30.