The penultimate patch of Season 13, Patch 13.23, is coming as we are approaching the end of the year for League of Legends.
League of Legends is almost at the end of the season, with the Preseason changes coming in the PBE server on November 20. Worlds 2023 is almost at its end, as T1 vs Weibo Gaming will be on November 19.
There will also be an Opening Ceremony featuring the new Heartsteel and NewJeans. Also, a concert celebrating Worlds 2023 on November 18 will have artists like (G)I-DLE, Alan Walker, Nicki Taylor, etc. That will be streamed on LCK Global’s streaming channels.
Coming back to updates, Patch 13.22 had some major changes. Mage Auto Attacks were retooled, while Seraphine, Briar, Janna, and Brand got pretty big changes. Overall, Riot made some solid changes in Patch 13.22.
With Patch 13.22 out in the live servers, Riot moved on to Patch 13.23. With this update, Riot is making some small changes in Patch 13.23, as some fine-tuning is being made before the final patch of the year.
So, with a small patch, there are not a whole lot of changes. Regardless, here are all the changes we know of so far.
League of Legends Patch 13.23 is expected to be released on Tuesday, November 21, 2023.
LoL Patch 13.23 release time and server maintenance:
- NA: 3:00 AM PT
- EUW: 5:00 UK time
- EUNE: 3:00 CET
LoL Patch 13.23
It’s a relatively small patch with a few buffs and nerfs. The most major change so far is the Turret changes. Other than that, it seems like Riot is preparing for the Preseason. Here are all the changes.
There are four buffs coming in the early patch preview. In the latest one, Draven was added with a relatively small changes. Regardless, here they all are.
A small change was added to Patch 13.23 for Draven as his Whirling Death will now return even if he dies.
- R – Whirling Death:
- Returns even if Draven is dead.
After the massive Patch 13.22 changes to Janna, Riot is doing a bit of a follow up. They are increasing how much Janna can harass in lane and this should be interesting to see how Janna continues to trend.
- Passive – Tailwind:
- On-Hit and W Damage: 20/25/30/35% (based on Movement Speed) >>> 30%.
- W – Zephyr:
- Cooldown: 9/8.5/8/7.5/7 seconds >>> 8/7.5/7/6.5/6 seconds.
- R – Monsoon:
- Cooldown: 150/135/120 seconds >>> 130/115/100 seconds.
After the huge Riven post by Riot Phroxzon, there are some small Riven changes coming. Whether that makes things much better is a good question. This will be one to monitor in the following weeks.
- Q – Broken Wings:
- Damage: 15/35/55/75/95 (+ 45/50/55/60/65% Bonus AD) >>> 15/35/55/75/95 (+ 50/55/60/65/70% Bonus AD).
- R – Blade of the Exile:
- Bonus Attack Damage: 20% >>> 25%.
There are some small buffs coming for Trundle as his Q is getting a lower Mana cost and more AD scaling.
- Base Stats:
- Attack Damage Growth: 3 >>> 4.
- Q – Chomp:
- Mana Cost: 30 >>> 20.
Another small buff is coming and this time, it’s to Vel’Koz. The Passive numbers is getting some small improvements.
- Passive – Organic Deconstruction:
- Damage: 33 – 169 (based on level)(+ 50% AP) >>> 35 – 180 (based on level)(+ 60% AP).
Five nerfs are coming as champions like Ziggs, K’Sante, and Briar continue to get changes patch after patch. Azir was also added onto this list. Here are all the nerfs.
Riot is changing how On-Hit works on Azir. His W is getting some significant changes.
- W – Arise!:
- Attacks on Primary Target now Trigger On Hit at 50% Damage Value.
- Damage: 50/67/84/101/118 (+ 2 – 92 [levels 10 – 18])(+ 60% AP) >>> 50/65/80/95/110 (+ 2 – 77 [levels 10 – 18])(+ 55% AP).
More changes are coming to Briar as her Base Health is decreasing while she is getting less damage on her W.
- Base Stats:
- Health: 610 >>> 590.
- W – Snack Attack:
- Damage: 5/20/35/50/65 (+ 5% Bonus AD) (10% [+ 3.5% per 100 Bonus AD) of Target’s Missing Health >>> 5/20/35/50/65 (+ 5% Bonus AD) (9% [+ 2.5% per 100 Bonus AD) of Target’s Missing Health.
It seems Riot can’t let go of K’Sante as he is giving everyone quite the headache. So, in yet another attempt to balance him, this is what Riot is doing in Patch 13.23.
- Passive – Dauntless Instinct:
- ALL OUT BONUS: 45/60/75% (based on level) >>> 30 – 78% (based on level).
- Q – Ntofo Strikes:
- Mana Cost: 15 >>> 28/26/24/22/20.
- Damage: 30/60/90/120/150 (+30% Bonus Armor) (+30% Bonus Magic Resistance) >>> 30/55/80/105/130 (+30% Bonus Armor) (+30% Bonus Magic Resistance).
- W – Path Maker:
- Hexflash bug fixed
- E – Footwork:
- Shield Strength: 45/65/85/105/125 (+ 15% Bonus Health) >>> 50/90/130/170/210 (+ 10% Bonus Health).
- R – All Out:
- Bonus Attack Damage: 15/30/45 (+25% Bonus Armor) (+25% Bonus Magic Resistance) >>> 10/25/40 (+25% Bonus Armor) (+25% Bonus Magic Resistance).
The mid lane Assassin has had a bit too much damage, so number are being reduced.
- Passive – We Are More:
- Packmate Damage: 6 – 29.8 (+ 4.5% Bonus AD) >>> 5 – 25 (+ 4.5% Bonus AD).
- E – Eviscerate:
- Flurry Damage: 65/100/135/170/205 (+ 80% Bonus AD) >>> 60/90/120/150/180 (+ 80% Bonus AD).
More Jarvan IV nerfs are coming but it’s a minor one this time.
- Q – Dragon Strike:
- Cooldown: 10/9/8/7/6 seconds >>> 10/9.5/9/8.5/8 seconds.
Riot is putting more nerfs on Ziggs as Ziggs bot lane is still too strong.
- Q – Bouncing Bombs:
- Damage: 95/145/195/245/295 (+ 65% AP) >>> 85/135/185/235/285 (+ 65% AP).
- W – Satchel Charge:
- Cooldown: 20/18/16/14/12 seconds >>> 24/21/18/15/12 seconds.
- Mana Cost: 65 >>> 80.
There is only one system adjustment coming and that is just some turret changes. Here are the details.
Riot is making many Turret changes by adjusting the gold earned from Inner and Inhibitor Turrets. These changes have had mixed reception, with many players hating them while others like it.
These changes will promote side laning while still keeping snowballing to a limit. As outer turrets are not being affected, snowballing should not change much, if at all. Here are all the changes.
- Mid Inner Turret gold: 300 local + 50 global >>> 425 local + 25 global
- Side lane Inner Turret gold: 550 local + 50 local >>> 675 local + 25 global
- Inhibitor Turret gold: 50 local + 50 global >>> 375 local + 25 global
With this Patch, we are getting the new Bee Skins. Veigar, Blitzcrank, and Vel’Koz are getting some new skins. Here they are.