Riot Games has already teased us with all the changes they have in store for the upcoming VALORANT patch 4.05.
The public beta environment, more commonly referred to as the PBE server, receives updates first so that selected players with invitations can stress test the build before it gets into the live game. This is fairly common practice for large-scale live service titles such as VALORANT.
Thanks to the VALORANT PBE server, we can also predict what kind of changes Riot intends to bring with their upcoming VALORANT patch 4.05. Based on all the latest addition, expect Riot to announce more regarding their fight against toxicity in their multiplayer games.
In 2021, Riot Games shared its future goal of reducing rampant toxicity in its online-focused game. And the next patch might introduce tools to fight toxicity directly. Riot will monitor the voice chat to target toxic individuals and hit them with appropriate punishments.
Aside from all the toxicity-related changes, patch 4.05 might also include the ability to import and export different crosshair settings via auto-generated codes, meaning players might come up with even more unique-looking crosshairs.
VALORANT Patch Notes 4.05 PBE
- Added the ability to import and export different crosshair settings via auto-generated codes.
- To export and share your personal crosshair settings, go to Settings >> Crosshair tab >> click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing up, found next to Crosshair Profile (it looks like an up arrow chilling in the middle of a bowl). Your auto-generated code will be copied to your clipboard.
- To import crosshair settings, go to Settings >> Crosshair tab >> click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing down next to Crosshair Profile. Input or paste the code in the provided field and click the “Import” button.
- The crosshair preview at the top of the Settings Menu should reflect the imported settings. Make sure to give it a unique profile name!
- Speak up for Voice Detection!
- Last year we announced that as part of our plans to curb toxicity, we would begin to record and evaluate in-game voice comms so that we could take action when a report for disruptive behavior is submitted. A very early version of these voice detection capabilities is included in this PBE, so we are asking you to help improve our system by using voice comms! The more you use voice comms the more our system can learn about various articulations, accents, and all that makes a voice unique.
- The Battlepass is currently enabled and it’s displaying content from a previous act. We’re aware of this issue and it’s a bug only affecting PBE.