HenryG recently got a taste of what Riot has been cooking form Riot EU quarters. Although he specially mentioned that he isn’t allowed to share more than he is able to.
Here is what HenryG shared from his trip to Riot
- Round based, 5on5, tactical shooter
- With (slightly diluted) elements of class/hero based FPS games
- Classes and their own unique ‘abilities’ should be seen as a tactical utility
- Abilities primarily need to be purchased at the start of a round
- They share the same economy reservoir as the weaponry
- All classes have access to the same generic weaponry via an economy
- 1 bullet headshot with one of the primary rifle(s) will do enough damage to take down an opponent.
Form this description it looks like Project A will be more familiar with CSGO rather than some hero shooters like Overwatch. Since they are claiming that only one shot per head will be enough to down someone, this title will favor twitch shooting prowess.
As abilities aka tactical utilities need to be bought at the early game it might have much more strategic meaning than other shooters in this genre.
Among those who got to see the gameplay early suggested that the game might be free-to-play and there will be micro-transaction but only for cosmetic items. Since this isn’t a direct quote from Riot, taking these claims with a grain of salt is probably a good idea.
Although there is a good chance that this game might follow the same monetization formulas as Riots other titles. To reach the maximum number of users Riot is most likely to ship this game in a free-to-play model.