Another patch is coming soon, as champion adjustments are the highlight of the patch.
At this point, Riot pushing updates into League of Legends and their other gaming titles has become their trademark. Updating their games on a regular basis has garnered attention, and frequent changes have also moved the needle on the meta itself. While people may disagree on the severity or choice of the nerfs, there are many things to adjust in the game, and Riot does what they feel is best.
Patch 13.6 did not bring in many champion adjustments, but Dragons got nerfed, and so did many runes. Vayne’s changes were the big topic of the patch, which required clarification from Riot later. Also, Milio was released, which required hotfixes and other nerfs to Yuumi and Aurelion Sol. Lastly, some items were nerfed as well, like Bloodthirster.
Overall it was a relatively small patch with many significant updates. Riot is currently doing their updates with MSI in mind as Pro Play factors into the decision-making. Patch 13.7 will be a bigger patch, as many champion adjustments are coming. The target this time is on the meta junglers, as Riot is planning to nudge the jungle meta to change. Here is what we know so far, including the patch preview shared by Riot.
Read More: League of Legends MSI 2023 Skins Leaked
League of Legends Patch 13.7 is expected to be released on Wednesday, April 5, 2023.
LoL Patch 13.7 release time and server maintenance:
- NA: 3:00 AM PT
- EUW: 5:00 UK time
- EUNE: 3:00 CET
LoL Patch Notes 13.7
A bigger patch is coming as the list of champion changes is massive. Riot is definitely going hard on the tweaks for this patch, including nerfing the fan-favorite Rod of Ages for many mages. Here is the whole list of stuff coming in Patch 13.7.
Six champions are getting some changes this time around. Azir is getting some buffs after the nerfs on him a little while back. Katarina is getting a buff while her Divine Sunderer build is taking a hit. Lastly, other champions on the periphery are getting buffed, like Yasuo. Here is the full list of champions getting buffs in Patch 13.7.
It will be a little bit of a stat buff for Alistar, as Riot wants to make him a little tankier. A nice little buff to keep the champion going.
- Base Stats:
- Armor: 44 >>> 47.
- Base Health: 670 >>> 685.
The Azir nerf a while back completely demolished him, for lack of a better word. Riot is coming back on that and giving Azir more power back. The Skill Recommender now goes to maxing W instead of Q, and the buffs are largely on W and then Q. His Q got a little nerfed still, but everything else for his W was buffed. Hence, this is an interesting list of changes and one that will need some time to see whether it pans out.
- Base Stats:
- Armor: 19 >>> 22.
- Attack Speed Growth: 5% >>> 6%.
- Passive – Shurima’s Legacy:
- Duration: 30 seconds >>> 45 seconds.
- Summon Range: 500 >>> 700.
- Q – Conquering Sands:
- Mana Cost: 65/70/75/80/85 >>> 70/80/90/100/110.
- Stab Range: 370 >>> 325.
- W – Arise!:
- Mana Cost: 40 >>> 40/35/30/25/20.
- Damage Per Rank: 50/60/70/80/90 >>> 50/67/84/101/118.
- Total Damage: 50-200 >>> 50-210.
His critical bonus is getting increased to make that build stronger for Graves. Also, Collateral Damage cooldown is getting reduced. Overall, a nice buff for Graves and potentially some return to the top lane.
- Passive – New Destiny:
- Critical Chance Bonus: 20% >>> 30%.
- R – Collateral Damage:
- Cooldown: 120/90/60 seconds >>> 100/80/60 seconds.
A little QoL buff in terms of binding with the Oathsworn Dagger as well as more attack damage growth in her base stats. This seems to be a buff to nudge her into the meta to create some more variety for the role.
- Base Stats:
- Attack Damage Growth: 3.5 >>> 3.75.
- Oathsworn Dagger Ceremony is reduced by 4 seconds.
The buffs for Katarina are going through have her AD ratio in R – Death Lotus reduced while AP damage from her Passive is increasing. This should make her AP build stronger while making the AD build weaker.
- Passive – Voracity:
- Dagger AP Ratio: 65/75/85/95% >>> 70/80/90/100%.
- R – Death Lotus:
- Bonus AD Ratio: 18% Bonus AD (+30% Bonus AD per 100% Attack Speed) >>> 16% Bonus AD (+50% Bonus AD per 100% Attack Speed).
The Solo Queue Players rejoice as their favorite champion is getting a pretty significant set of buffs. More shield down the line with more damage amplification in his E – Sweeping Blade.
- Passive – Way of the Wanderer:
- Shield Strength: 100 – 475 (Based on Level) >>> 100 – 575 (Based on Level).
- E – Sweeping Blade:
- Damage Amplification: +25% Base Damage per stack, up to two stacks >>> 15-25% Total Damage per stack (scaling with champion level), up to four stacks.
There are ten champions nerfs in this patch, as all of them deserved some form of change given their current power level. The theme seems to be nerfing all the top meta junglers like Sejuani and Vi to take them down a peg. Also, Veigar and Annie are getting more changes because of their dominance in their roles. Lastly, Olaf is finally getting nerfed after patches of dominance in the top lane. Thresh was added to the list later on. Here is the full list of champions getting changes.
Her E is taking a little bit of a hit as the cooldown is being increased and shield value is decreasing.
- E – Molten Shield:
- Cooldown: 12/11/10/9/8 seconds >>> 12/11.5/11/10.5/10 seconds.
- Base Shield Value: 60/100/140/180/220 >>> 60/95/130/175/200.
Some base stats are being taken off Lee Sin so that he does a little less damage and has reduced armor.
- Base Stats:
- Attack Damage: 68 >>> 66.
- Armor: 36 >>> 34.
His Q damage is being reduced while the attack speed early on is diminished while the scaling is mostly intact.
- Passive – Berserker Rage
- Bonus Attack Speed: 60-100% >>> 50-100%.
- Q – Undertow:
- Damage: 70/120/170/220/270 >>> 65/115/165/215/265.
Given how AD damage dealers are the meta, Rammus is doing too much against them. The amount of armor gained through his W – Defensive Ball Curl is being reduced to help against that.
- W – Defensive Ball Curl:
- Bonus Armor Percentage: 40/55/70/85/100% >>> 40/50/60/70/80%.
Sejuani has been a top-tier jungler for a while. This nerf should bring her down and balance her going forward. As a bonus, definitely take her out of must pick or ban Pro Play.
- Passive – Fury of the North:
- Elite Monster Damage Cap: 300 >>> 250.
- Q – Arctic Assault:
- Cooldown: 18/16.5/15/13.5/12 seconds >>> 19/17.5/16/14.5/13 seconds.
- R – Glacial Prison:
- Cooldown: 120/100/80 seconds >>> 130/110/90 seconds.
Thresh was downgraded from adjustment to nerfs, as it is just a change in how much cooldown is refunded when the champion gets hit with his Q – Death Sentence.
- Q – Death Sentence:
- Cooldown Refunded On Hit: 3 seconds >>> 2 seconds.
His AP ratio is being axed across the board for the early game while giving a little more oomph in the late game. This will change the landscape for Veigar players and hopefully will not put the champion into obscurity.
- Q – Baleful Strike:
- AP Ratio: 60% >>> 45/50/55/60/65%.
- W – Dark Matter:
- AP Ratio: 100% >>> 70/80/90/100/110%.
- R – Primordial Burst:
- AP Ratio: 75% >>> 65/70/75%.
The Vi buff was amiss from the full preview, but Riot August tweeted the changes to the champion. Here it is as follows.
- Q – Vault Breaker:
- Damage: 110/160/210/260/310 (+140% Bonus AD) >>> 90/140/190/240/290 (+160% Bonus AD).
- E – Relentless Force:
- Damage: 10/30/50/70/90 (+110% AD)(+90% AP) >>> 0/15/30/45/60 (+120% AD)(+100% AP).
Some base AD is being reduced, as well as the attack speed gained from his E – Nimbus Strike. This should reduce his clear speed. His W – Warrior Trickster’s cooldown is being reduced as well to stop frequent engages/escapes.
- Base Stats:
- Attack Damage: 68 >>> 66.
- W – Warrior Trickster:
- Cooldown: 22/19.5/17/14.5/12 seconds >>> 22/20/18/16/14 seconds
- E – Nimbus Strike:
- Bonus Attack Speed: 40/45/50/55/60% >>> 35/40/45/50/55%
Some HP is being taken off while changes to her Passive – Living Battery and R – Lightning Crash.
- Base Stats:
- HP Growth: 115 >>> 110.
- Passive – Living Battery:
- Shield Steal: 60% >>> 50%.
- R – Lightning Crash:
- AD Ratio: 100% >>> 85%.
Kha’Zix and Thresh were the two on the docket for some adjustments. However, Thresh was downgraded to the nerf list, so the Kha’Zix change is the only adjustment on the board in terms of champions.
It seems that Riot is changing how Kha’Zix should function, as his W – Evolved Spike Racks is taking a few hits. Meanwhile, His isolation range is being increased, and his R – Void Assault is getting a higher cooldown. Some people jumped in and mentioned this was a nerfs and not an adjustment. Riot Phroxzon came in and clarified the changes.
- Isolation Range: 425 >>> 375.
- W – Evolved Spike Racks:
- Slow: 60% >>> 40%.
- Isolation Slow: 90% >>> 75%.
- R – Void Assault:
- Duration: 10 seconds >>> 12 seconds.
More buffs were added in the new patch preview, as Death’s Dance, Grievous Wounds, and Abyssal Mask are receiving nerfs. Here are the details for all of it.
Just a little more health is being given to the item and making it slightly better.
- Health: 500 >>> 550.
The item is being mostly reverted as it fell into obscurity after the changes a few patches ago. This should bring Death’s Dance back to prominence.
- Build Path: Pickaxe + Chain Vest + Warhammer
- Attack Damage: 65 >>> 55.
- Armor: 50 >>> 45.
- Haste: 0 >>> 15.
All the items with Grievous Wounds are getting a buff. Here it is as follows.
- Now Applies Grievous Wounds to targets that completely block the damage with shields. Invulnerable targets are still exempt.
The nerf is coming to Catalyst of Aeons, the component for Rod of Ages and Abyssal Mask.
Catalyst of Aeons
Total Cost is increasing while the health of the item is increasing. However, Rod of Ages and Abyssal Mask are not affected by this. This should force Mages building either item to take a bit more time to get their sustain in lane.
- Total Cost: 1100 >>> 1300.
- Health: 225 >>> 300.
Cosmic Drive is getting some adjustments as the item synergized too well with some champions and builds. Thus, Riot is probably going in to make some changes to this.
The Cats vs. Dogs skins are coming in this patch, as Kled, Yuumi, Nidalee, and Kindred are getting them. This is great for the April Fools celebration and a surprise change coming to Summoner’s Rift for the holiday. Here are the skins as follows.
Kibble-Head Kled & Woof and Lamb Kindred
Kittalee Nidalee & Shiba Yuumi