Back in season 5, Respawn made the devotion a care package weapon and also removed the turbocharger hop-up from Apex Legends all together.
However, with season 6, it seems like Respawn is trying to change the weapon meta once again. For the first time ever, Respawn has decided to remove r99 which was the meta from season 1 from the normal loot table. The decision was made in order to add the volt SMG in the game.
R99 added to the care package:
In Supply Drop:
- Damage increased from 11 to 12
- Increased magazine size to 32
- Ammo Reserve: 160
The devotion returns to the normal loot pool:
The devotion is making a return to the normal loot pool alongside the turbocharger hop-up. Energy magazine has also been added back to the game because of balancing purposes.
Out of Supply Drop- Into Ground Loot:
- Clip size reduced back to the original values (36/40/44/48).
Fully Kitted Gold Weapons in season 6:
Like every new season the list of fully gold weapons have also been swapped with new ones.
- Triple Take
Additionally, they also removed precision choke hop-up from the normal loot pool. From now on, it will come attached to triple take and peacekeeper by default. And players will be able to toggle them on/off by choice. Among all the other weapons only triple take received a noteworthy change. All the other changes are really minor.
Triple Take Buff:
- Increase fire rate 1.25 -> 1.4
- Increased Mag size from (5/6/7/8) to (6/7/8/9)
- Built the Choke hop up into the weapon by default. Toggle select-fire to enable/disable the Choke
- More Related: Apex Legends season 6 patch notes: recon characters like Bloodhound, Crypto, pathfinder receives huge buffs
Season 6 might heavily focus on energy ammo based weapons like the Volt SMG, Havoc and the devotion as r99 is now a care package only weapon.