Riot to buff Tahm Kench’s support and top lane strength in League of Legends patch 11.14.
The River King just received his long-awaited rework in patch 11.13. In the rework, Riot swapped Tahm Kench’s W – Devour with his ultimate – Abyssal Voyage and changed most of his kit including his passive, Q, and E.
One of the main reasons why Riot gave Tahm Kench a rework was to make him viable in both Top lane and Support. However, after the release, it seems his rework has failed pretty drastically.
Currently, on patch 11.13, he only has a 45.7% win rate at the Top lane while having a 42.29% win rate at support. Although his pick rate did increase after the update, he is losing to almost every top lane and support champion.
- Read More: League of Legends Ultimate Skins 2021
Tahm Kench has always been considered a pro game champion. But, Riot considers Tahm Kench’s changes a “major rework” for which he is currently disabled in the pro games. Therefore, we will now have to wait a few more days to see how he performs in the pro game with this new kit.
Now, League of Legends’ Lead Game Designer, Riot Jag has previewed the upcoming patch 11.14. And it seems, they are buffing Tahm Kench’s support and top lane strength along with Dr. Mundo, Irelia, and Lillia.
Dr. Mundo, Irelia, and Tahm Kench changes here: pic.twitter.com/JHsKj3IBI3
— Jeevun Sidhu (@JeevunSidhu) June 29, 2021
Tahm Kench Buff Patch 11.14
- damage changed from 2.% Max HP >>> [12-60] (+2.5% bonus HP)
- Tongue Lash (Q)
- [New] now also deals damage from An Acquired Taste
- Heal changed from 6/7/8/9/10% Missing HP >>> 15/20/25/30/35 + 4/4.5/5/5.5/6% Missing HP
- Abyssal Dive (W)
- Cooldown and mana refund increased from 30% to 40%
- Devour (R)
- Shield increased from 300/450/600 (+100% AP) to 400/500/600 (+100% AP)
- Ally self slow lowered from 40/25/10% to 30/20/10%
Tahm Kench changes are currently on the PBE and they are subject to change based on players’ feedback. And after the testing period, the changes are scheduled to hit the Summoner’s Rift on patch 11.14, July 8th, 2021.