After being one of the most dominant support champions for the last couple of patches Riot is removing Pantheon from the support role with the upcoming patch 10.21 nerfs.
Ever since his rework on patch 9.16, Pantheon had his ups and downs in League of Legends. In season 9 he was primarily played in Top lane as he was one of the most dominant solo laners. However, after getting back to back changes from patch 9.16 to 9.20, Pantheon became quite underwhelming to play compared to other meta Top laners.
Even though his state in the Top lane is not that great and he is yet to receive any buff or nerf in Season 10, League players have found a new role: Support that suites his playstyle flawlessly.
Pantheon went from having a 6.4% presence in the Support role in patch 10.5 to 82% presence in patch 10.20. Additionally, he currently has a 50.32% win rate in the support role while having a 9.5% pick rate. Meanwhile, he only has a 0.5% pick rate in the Top lane.
Karma on the other hand having a lousy run in the support role after the recent nerf in patch 10.16. She currently only has a 47.39% win rate while having a 5.1% pick rate.
League of Legends’ lead gameplay designer Mark “Scruffy” Yetter has previewed the patch 10.21 today. And it seems like, they are planning to shift Pantheon from the Support role in patch 10.21 while buffing Karma.
Pantheon Nerf Patch 10.21
- Damage: 75-215 (+100% bAD) >>> 70-190 (+115% bAD)
- Mortal Will bonus damage scaling: 100 >>> 115 bAD%
Karma Buff Patch 10.21
- Mantra CD refund for spells: 2/3/4 at lvl 1/7/13 >>> 2/4/6 at lvl 1/6/11
- Mantra CD refund for attacks: 1/1.5/2 >>> 1 at all lvls
- Cooldown: 45-36 >>> 40-34
All the new changes of patch 10.21 are scheduled to go live on Wednesday, Oct 14, 2020.
Other Changes in Patch 10.21
- Patch 10.21 Jungle Change: Hecarim, Graves, Nidalee getting nerfs while Lee Sin, Trundle, and Udyr getting buffs
- Samira is getting nerfs in patch 10.21 while Aphelios is getting some big buffs once again