Riot Games officially confirms that Swain is getting a rework on League of Legends Season 12.
After his VGU back in patch 8.3, Swain was one of the most popular champions in League of Legends throughout season 8. He was played in three different roles while having reasonable win rates. And because of his flex potential, he was undergone multiple nerfs — patch 9.14 changes nerfs were vital where things changed for Swain.
After those nerfs, his presence in both soloq and pro games dropped drastically. Even though Riot did give him some buffs in season 10 and minor adjustments in season 11, he is hardly played in pro games — basically has 0% presence since Season 10 till now.
In soloq, it’s quite the same. Currently, on patch 12.6, Swain only has a 48% win rate while having a 1.5% pick rate. And according to many, he is pretty much a “dead” champion in League of Legends.
However, since last year, Riot has been pushing some great mini-rework for the champions who are “underwhelming” in the current meta and need some love. Ahri, Janna, and Rengar are some great examples whose mini-reworked landed in season 12 and are doing quite well in the meta.
Similarly, earlier this month, Riot Games also announced that they are currently working on Swain’s mini-rework along with Olaf and Taliyah.
And now, Riot Games’ Associate Game Designer, Riot TheTruexy, has officially shared Swain rework details where they are changing his entire kit.
“This version of Swain aims to pull some his burst power into investing in Swain’s fantasy of becoming a drain-tanking terror while in R,” Riot TheTruexy said. “We’re upping how often Swain can use R and removing the “ticking clock” on how long he can stay in his form.”
Ravenous Flock (P)
- [REMOVED] Swain can no longer pull crowd-controlled enemies.
- [REMOVED] Swain’s pull no longer deals damage.
- Healing: 4/5.5/7% (levels 1/6/11) maximum health >>> 4/5.5/7/9% (levels 1/6/11/16) maximum health
- Health Per Soul Fragment: 5 >>> 12
Death’s Hand (Q)
- Mana Cost: 65/70/75/80/85 >>> 45/50/55/60/65
- Cooldown: 9/7.5/6/4.5/3s >>> 7/6/5/4/3s
- Damage: 55/75/95/115/135 (+40% AP) >>> 60/80/100/120/140 (+40% AP)
- Additional Bolt Damage: 15/20/25/30/35% >>> 12/22/32/42/52 (+10% AP)
- Maximum Damage: 88/135/190/253/324 (+64/72/80/88/96% AP) > >> 108/168/228/288/348 (+80% AP)
Vision Of Empire (W)
- Mana Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 >>> 60/65/70/75/80
- [NEW] Pings now display enemies in range similar to Twisted Fate (R) and Nocturne (R)
• [NEW] Can now be reactivated to pull all champions rooted by Nevermove
• [NEW] Cooldown is reduced by 20% during Demonic Ascension (R)
Demonic Ascension (R)
- Cooldown: 120s >>> 100/80/60s
- Drain Damage per Second: 35/50/65 (+14% AP) >>> 20/45/70 (+10% AP)
- Drain Heal per Second: 20/35/40 (+16% AP) >>> 20/40/60 (+16% AP) > >> 15/40/65 (+25%)
- [REMOVED] No longer grants 125/200/275 health
- [CHANGED] Upon casting Demonic Ascension, Swain gains 50 Demon Power. Demonic Ascension lasts as long as Swain has Demon Power, which drains at a rate of 10 per second. While draining an enemy champion, Swain gains 20 Demon Power per second. After 3 seconds, Swain can cast Demonflare (R2).
- Demonflare Damage: 100/150/200 (+50% AP) >>> 150/225/300 (+60% AP)
- [NEW] Demonflare now slows enemies by 60%, decaying over 1.5 seconds
- [CHANGED] On casting Demonic Ascension, Swain can cast Demonflare 1 time. This does not end Demonic Ascension
- [REMOVED] Demonflare no longer charges up based on health drained, up to double damage
Swain rework is currently on the PBE for testing, and full changes will release on League of Legends patch 12.8, Wednesday, April 27, 2022.