League of Legends’ support champion Janna is getting a mini-rework on Season 12 patch 12.2.
Janna is one of few champions in League of Legends who hardly get a balance update. The last major change she received was back in patch 9.11, and after that, in season 10, she only received one buff and no changes in season 11.
Despite no changes, Janna managed to have an average 4% pick rate in Plat+ Elo throughout season 11. And at the start of season 12, she had one of the highest win rates among all support champions in League of Legends.
Ahead of Season 12 in January, League of Legends Principal Character Designer Riot August has shared some Janna changes that buffs, nerfs, and adjusts most of her kit.
“We’re draining lane poke power out of her W + AA’s and focusing it into utility,” Riot August said. “Q is now a much stronger spell when used offensively.”
- Base stats:
- Move speed: 315 >>> 330
- AD: 46 + 1.5/lvl >>> 52 + 3/lvl
- Mana Cost: 60-140 >>> 60-100
- Min Range: 1000 >>> 1100
- Max Range: 1750 >>> 1760
- Travel Time: 1.5s >>> 1.25s
- Investigating: adding an indicator that shows Janna’s team where Q will go (might not work)
- Base stats:
- Attack Range: 550 >>> 500
- Janna gains 8% Move Speed >>> Janna gains 8% Move Speed while moving towards allies
- [REMOVED] Janna’s attacks and W no longer deal bonus Magic Damage based on her bonus Move Speed
- Range: 550 (Edge to Edge) >>> 650 (center to center)
- Slow Duration: 2s >>> 3s
- Cooldown: 8-6s >>> 12s
- Damage: 55-175 >>> 70-190
- Passive Move Speed: 6-10% >>> 8-12%
- Cooldown: 16-12 >>> 15-9
- Time before shield decays: 0.75 >>> 1.25s
- Shield amount: 80-220+.7AP >>> 80-200 (+.65 AP)
- CC’ing an enemy champion with a spell reduces E’s cooldown by 20% >>> Impairing an enemy champion’s movement grants 20% heal and shield power for 5 seconds.
- Healing tick rate: 0.5 >>> 0.25
- Total healing remains the same
Janna’s mini-rework is currently on the PBE for testing and is expected to go live on League of Legends patch 12.2, Thursday, January 20, 2022.