An Apex Legends playtester has leaked new characters in Apex Legends all the way up to season 21.
Note: You are reading an old article from Season 12. So, many of the Legends you see in this article may have already been released in-game.
Apex Legends is a battle royale first-person shooter game developed by Respawn Entertainment. Unsurprisingly, this battle royale spin-off is based on the Titanfall franchise, which is also made by the same developers.
Like every other free-to-play live service title, Respawn introduces new characters with every new seasonal update. Since Apex Legends is a hero-inspired FPS game, colorful characters with unique abilities are essential to the core gameplay loop.
On top of that, the introduction of a new Legend directly affects the character meta. Thus, adding new Legends with unique abilities helps Respawn spice things up in the current meta, which helps with player retention over time.
A recent leak by a probable Apex Legends playtester has revealed new legends that might join the current roster up to season 21. The leak has revealed nine new legends currently being playtested at Respawn Entertainment.
All the Upcoming Leaked Legends
Conduit Abilities (Released in Season 19)
- Capacitance (Passive Ability): Conduit regenerates shields over time. Gain extra regen for each nearby ally. Having friendly banners also provides a bonus- get them back in the fight.
- Arc Flash (Tactical Ability): Heals the shields of targeted allies(at the cost of your shields). Hold to target, release to fire.
- Alternating Current (Ultimate Ability): Conduit launches an arc cluster bomb, damaging the shields of people near the blasts. Heals Conduit’s shields based on damage dealt.
Note: Conduit’s actual abilities differ from these leaked abilities. To learn about Conduit’s real abilities, check this link.
- Spectator (Passive Ability): Automatically Optic-Haunt and Spectate your Killer.
- Optic-Haunt (Tactical Ability): Parasite Trap that reveals the Target’s Vision.
- Shadow Wall (Ultimate Ability): Unleash a creeping Wall of Darkness that blocks sight and blinds enemies.
Scryer sounds like a more duelist-type legend based on all the leaks.
Caliber Abilities (Ballistic: Released in Season 17)
- Weapon Sling (Passive Ability): A sling where you can store a third weapon. Access via inventory or H.
- Suppressor Turret (Tactical Ability): Deploy a makeshift turret from a copy of your active weapon.
- Auto Loader (Ultimate Ability): Deploy a box that feeds ammo directly into nearby players’ current weapons.
Caliber sounds like another support-type legend based on the leaks.
Note: Caliber was later renamed to Ballistic. Ballistic was released in Season 17 with modified abilities. To learn more, check this link.
- Rewire (Passive Ability): Jester can turn any grenade into a proximity mine that sticks to surfaces—press B to toggle modes. Spawn with a frag grenade.
- Spectre Drop (Tactical Ability): Call in a drop pod with 3 specters to guard an area. Only 1 set can be active at a time.
- Cloak Field (Ultimate Ability): Creates a short-lived cloaking device that hides all players in a small area. The cloak lasts for 6 seconds after leaving the cloak field.
- Double Jump (Passive Ability): Pressing the jump button while in the air allows you to jump again.
- Hook Shot (Tactical Ability): Hook to a wall and hang off it for a short time.
- Void Grenade (Ultimate Ability): A grenade that sends hit players into the void for a short period of time.
Vantage Abilities (Released in Season 14)
- Sniper Kit (Passive Ability): Tactical info available in ADS unarmed or any long-range scopes. (Legend name, Shield rarity, team size, range)
- Echo Launch (Tactical Ability): Launch towards your winged companion, Echo. Order Echo by tapping Q, and Launch to Echo by holding Q.
- Mark to Kill (Ultimate Ability): A custom rifle that scans enemies and boosts damage for Vantage and her squad. Damage doubles for Vantage on successive shots. The team gets 15% bonus on marked targets.
Note: Vantage’s abilities were slightly adjusted with the Season 14 launch. To learn more about her abilities, check this link.
Catalyst Abilities (Released in Season 15)
- Reinforce (Passive Ability): Standing near your ferrofluid structures, doors, and other Legends placeables will strengthen their integrity and allow them to take significantly more damage.
- Ferro Shot (Tactical Ability): On impact, the shot creates a ramp of hardened ferrofluid that can be extended with more shots. It can also be used to create platforms on walls. (Max 3 structures)
- Iron Tower (Ultimate Ability): Ferrofluid raised up from below, pushing you upwards while creating a tall solid column under you.
Note: Catalyst’s abilities were changed with the Season 15 release. To learn more about Catalyst and her abilities, check this link.
- Network Communion (Passive Ability): Gain 25% of Recovery Effects used in Signal Range.
- Shield Satellite (Tactical Ability): Release a Satellite that follows allies to regenerate their shields and revive them.
- Immortality Relay Beacon (Ultimate Ability): Deployable Satellite beacon that prevents allies in the signal area from being downed.
Newcastle Abilities (Released in Season 13)
- Retrieve the Wounded(Passive Ability): Drag downed allies as you revive and protect them with your Revive Shield.
- Mobile Shield(Tactical Ability): Throw a controllable drone that creates a moving energy shield.
- Castle Wall(Ultimate Ability): Leap and slam to a target ally or area and create a fortified stronghold.
Note: Newcastle’s abilities were slightly modified with the Season 13 launch. To learn more, check this link.
These are all the leaked upcoming characters that we know of as of writing. Since this is a leak from playtester, take these with a grain of salt, as Respawn can still make massive changes to these characters before they make their official debut in the Apex games.
Read More: 5 Best Badges in Apex Legends