An Apex Legends playtester has leaked new characters in Apex Legends all the way up to season 21.
Apex Legends is a battle royale first-person shooter game developed by Respawn Entertainment. Unsurprisingly, this battle royale spin-off is based on the Titanfall franchise, which is also made by the same developers.
Like every other free-to-play live service title, Respawn introduces new characters with every new seasonal update. Since Apex Legends is a hero-inspired FPS game, colorful characters with unique abilities are essential to the core gameplay loop.
On top of that, the introduction of a new legend directly affects the character meta. Thus, adding new legends with unique abilities help Respawn to spice things up in the current meta, which helps with player retention over time.
A recent leak by a probable Apex Legends playtester has revealed new legends that might join the current roster up to season 21. The leak has revealed nine new legends currently being playtested at Respawn Entertainment.
All the Upcoming Leaked Legends
- Capacitance(Passive Ability): Conduit regenerates shields over time. Gain extra regen for each nearby ally. Having friendly banners also provides a bonus- get them back in the fight.
- Arc Flash(Tactical Ability): Heals the shields of targeted allies(at the cost of your shields). Hold to target, release to fire.
- Alternating Current(Ultimate Ability): Conduit launches an arc cluster bomb, damaging the shields of people near the blasts. Heals Conduit’s shields based on damage dealt.
Based on the leaks, it seems like Conduit might be a support type legend.
- Spectator(Passive Ability): Automatically Optic-Haunt and Spectate your Killer.
- Optic-Haunt(Tactical Ability): Parasite Trap that reveals the Target’s Vision.
- Shadow Wall(Ultimate Ability): Unleash a creeping Wall of Darkness that blocks sight and blinds enemies.
Scryer sounds like a more duelist type legend based on all the leaks.
- Weapon Sling(Passive Ability): A sling where you can store a third weapon. Access via inventory or H.
- Suppressor Turret(Tactical Ability): Deploy a makeshift turret from a copy of your active weapon.
- Auto Loader(Ultimate Ability): Deploy a box that feeds ammo directly into nearby players’ current weapons.
Caliber sounds like another support type legend based on the leaks.
- Rewire(Passive Ability): Jester can turn any grenade into a proximity mine that sticks to surfaces, Press B to toggle modes. Spawn with a frag grenade.
- Spectre Drop(Tactical Ability): Call in a drop pod with 3 spectres to guard an area. Only 1 set can be active at a time.
- Cloak Field(Ultimate Ability): Creates a short-lived cloaking device that hides all players in a small area. Cloak lasts for 6 seconds after leaving the cloak field.
- Double Jump(Passive Ability): Pressing the jump button while in the air allows you to jump again.
- Hook Shot(Tactical Ability): Hook to a wall and hang off it for a short time.
- Void Grenade(Ultimate Ability): A grenade that sends hit players into the void for a short period of time.
- Sniper Kit(Passive Ability): Tactical info available in ADS unarmed or any long range scopes. (Legend name, Shield rarity, team size, range)
- Echo Launch(Tactical Ability): Launch towards your winged companion, Echo. Order Echo by tapping Q, Launch to Echo by holding Q.
- Mark to Kill(Ultimate Ability): A custom rifle which scans enemies and boosts damage for Vantage and her squad. Damage doubles for Vantage on successive shots. Team get 15% bonus on marked targets.
- Reinforce(Passive Ability): Standing near your ferro fluid structures, doors, and other Legends placeables will strengthen their integrity and allow them to take significantly more damage.
- Ferro Shot(Tactical Ability): On impact the shot creates a ramp of hardened ferro fluid that can be extended with more shots. Can also be used to create platforms on walls.(Max 3 structures)
- Iron Tower(Ultimate Ability): Ferrofluid raised up from below,pushing you upwards while creating a tall solid column under you.
- Network Communion(Passive Ability): Gain 25% of Recovery Effects used in Signal Range.
- Shield Satellite(Tactical Ability): Release a Satellite that follows allies to regenerate their shields and revive.
- Immortality Relay Beacon(Ultimate Ability): Deployable Satellite beacon that prevents allies in the signal area from being downed.
- Retrieve the Wounded(Passive Ability): Drag downed allies as you revive and protect them with your Revive Shield.
- Mobile Shield(Tactical Ability): Throw a controllable drone that creates a moving energy shield.
- Castle Wall(Ultimate Ability): Leap and slam to a target ally or area and create a fortified stronghold.
These are all the leaked upcoming characters that we know of, as of writing. Since this is a leak from playtested, take these with a grain of salt as Respawn can still make massive changes to these characters before they make their official debut in the Apex games.
Read More: 5 Best Badges in Apex Legends 2022