More Volibear buffs, bug fixes, and misc updates are incoming in the upcoming patch 10.12 in order to make his more healthy, sustainable in the game.
After winning the public vote for a full gameplay update, Riot Games finally released the thunderous demigod in patch 10.11. Riot redesigned his character model and changed his kit entirely.
But, after stepping into the Summoner’s Rift, players soon figured out that his new kit is quite underwhelming to play. His main engage ability Thundering Smash is not as fast as it should be and players have also been complaining about his other abilities for not being satisfying or hard to hit.
After the release, the reworked Volibear had one of the lowest win rates in the league of legends history after Day 1. A fan also found out that at level 18, Volibear has a lower base hp than Vayne. Thus, all the complaints lead Riot Games to give him a hotfix buff after Day 5, focusing on his Q and E ability. But, based on stats it seems like his win rate didn’t increase that much as he is currently sitting at a 40% win rate in both the jungle and top lane.
But, today, Riot Lutzburg announced that they are planning to give Volibear more buffs, bug fixes, and misc updates in the upcoming patch 10.12. “The Volibear team feels confident that these final buffs will get him close to a healthy, sustainable spot for long term balance,” he said.
- Mana/level increased to 50 from 40
- Health/level increased to 90 from 85
- Q’s empowered attack can no longer be interrupted once it’s been initiated
- Q’s empowered attack now scales its timing with attack speed
- R’s tower disable duration has been adjusted to 3/4/5 seconds from 2/4/6
- R’s damage sweet spot radius increased to 300 from 250
- R’s damage increased to 300/500/700 from 250/475/700
- Volibear will no longer automatically attack a target after landing with his R, especially if Q is active
- Volibear will now hum less frequently during his idle animation (we had temporarily disabled it in 10.11)
- Volibear will now continue to attack his target after casting W on them
- Volibear will now automatically attack when canceling his W and E animations (he could already do this but only if the player manually issued an attack order)
- Volibear’s Q reset will no longer fail if quickly recast after being interrupted (this can’t happen anymore since Q’s attack can no longer be interrupted)
- E and R impact craters now disperse faster
- R model size reduced slightly
- W mark VFX is now much larger and better anchored to the target’s health bar
- Disabled towers are now significantly darker to indicate their status
- The brightness of Volibear’s paws when at full Passive stacks has been reduced
- Various visual bug fixes to Volibear’s skins
- Volibear’s ETERNALS go live in 10.12! They are:
- Enemies killed with R
- Enemies hit by E while stunned by Q
- Lifetime healing from W
All the changes are currently going through testings, as a result, some changes might not go into the live servers.
Regardless, these changes look great and will definitely help him getting an average win rate if not make him overpowered.