Riot Games officially confirms that URF is going to be League of Legends’ next rotating game mode — releasing on patch 11.19.
Ultra Rapid Fire aka URF is one of the most popular if not the most popular game modes in League of Legends. URF is a feature game mode that is best known for having a very low cooldown on champions abilities and infinite mana.
Unlike ARURF where champions are assigned to the players randomly, in URF players have the ability to pick their own champions.
Anyways, URF is now enabled on PBE. Look forward to pick URF for next patch. 🙂 [4/4]
— Reina Sweet (@ReinaSweet) September 9, 2021
In celebration of League of Legends’ 10th Anniversary, Riot brought URF back as an experiment, and since then URF has returned multiple times.
After ARURF that was on the rotating game modes earlier this year, League of Legends’ lead game designer of modes, Reina Sweet, has now confirmed that Pick URF is going to be the next rotating game mode in League of Legends.
URF 2021 Start and End date
According to League of Legends’ lead game designer of modes Reina Sweet, Pick URF is going to start from LoL patch 11.19, September 23, 2021. URF will be a part of the new Worlds 2021 event. And it will end at the same time as the event end.
URF is played on the Summoner’s Rift and you will have the ability to pick any champions you like. As in pick URF, you start with level 1, some champions have a little edge over others in the early game. Hence, picking the best champions is the key to win games and not getting tilted.
Previous ARURF changes that were implemented to better embrace the preseason item rework should be on the URF as well:
- +300 ability haste, summoner spell haste, and item haste.
- +25% tenacity.
- +60 movement speed.
- Lethal Tempo and Ultimate Hunter are no longer disabled
- If you’re a mana champ: Bonus mana is converted to HP (40% rate) and bonus mana regen is converted to HP (100% rate)
- The gold per 10 items will be disabled though. Their minion gold penalty they give is at such an extreme penalty that is difficult to perceive that not having them available would ultimately lead to better experiences, especially for newcomers to URF.
Some additional info:
- Mana and Energy consumption reduced by 100%.
- Charge rate reduced to 30 seconds from 75 seconds.
- Cooldown between charges reduced to 10 seconds from 15 seconds.
- Teleport is disabled.
- Baron Nashor’s initial spawn time is on 10 minutes.
- Dragon’s initial spawn time is on 4 minutes.