Riot Games has finally revealed the upcoming dreamy jungler Lillia ahead of the Spirit Blossom Festival.
Riot Games introduced three new champions a dreamy jungler, a masked assassin, and a thrill-seeking marksman in the 2020 champion roadmap. But, a recent leak already revealed the new dreamy jungler’s name and free way to get her.
And now today, Riot has officially revealed Lillia’s trailer along with her abilities where she uses magic and dreams to deal most of her damage. Riot is planning to release her on the upcoming patch Patch 10.15. But, on the last dev post, Riot Games warned that she might have a high learning curve.
Lillia Base Stats
- Mana: 410
- Mana Per Level: 50
- Base HP: 580
- HP Per Level: 90
- HP5: 9
- HP Regen Per Level: 0.15
- Base AD: 61
- AD Per Level: 3.1
- Base Armor: 20
- Armor Per Level: 4
- Base MR: 32.1
- MR Per Level: 0.75
- Attack Range: 325
- Attack Speed Per Level: 2.7
- Base Move Speed: 330
(Base stats is based on PBE stats.)
Passive: Dream-Laden Bough
- Lillia’s abilities apply Dream Dust, dealing a portion of the target’s maximum health as magic damage over a duration.
Q: Blooming Blows
- Lillia swings her branch in the air and deals magic damage to nearby enemies, dealing true damage to those at the outer edge of the circle. When she successfully lands the attack, Lillia also gets movement speed.
W: Watch Out! Eep!
- Lillia winds up for a huge strike with her branch, dealing magic damage to enemies. Enemies at the center of the impact receive more damage.
- Lillia lobs a Swirlseed overhead, dealing magic damage to enemies and slowing them for a duration. If Lillia’s Swirlseed misses, it’ll continue to roll until it hits an enemy or collides with terrain.
R: Lilting Lullaby
- Lillia casts a lullaby over her enemies and those affected by her Dream Dust become increasingly slowed before falling asleep for a duration of time. When awakened by damage, enemies will take additional magic damage.
Lillia’s early gameplay information:
On the Reddit thread of Lillia’s dev post, Riot Maxw3ll revealed some early interesting gameplay information of Lillia. As pointed out by Reddit user AigisAegis, all the new gameplay information are:
- Lilia’s core mechanic is her Q movement speed buff. She’s meant to engage in a “hit and run” playstyle where you’re constantly ducking in and out.
- To facilitate this, the movement speed buff stacks on each ability hit, including on minions and monsters. It lasts long enough that she can stack movement speed on a scuttle crab and use it to run to a lane. It only grants one stack per ability cast (you don’t get multiple stacks for hitting multiple enemies). Specifically, her Q grants 7-11% (based on level) movement speed per stack for five seconds, stacking up to five times, with stacks falling off one at a time every one second.
- Her Q has a fairly low cooldown of 4 seconds at all ranks.
- Her pre-6 ganks are lackluster. She’s designed to power farm to 6 and then ganks every time her ult is off cooldown. Maxw3ll agrees with a comparison to Shyvana in this regard.
- While she’s designed to be susceptible to early invades, her Q movement speed should allow her to escape with her life.
- Her ult cooldown at the base is 130 seconds.
- Her ult does not have a max distance; it can be used on any champion that has her passive applied on them, wherever they are on the map.
- Her E is a “pretty slow” skill shot and is difficult to land. The projectile doesn’t grant vision around it, but it does reveal champions that it hits. It collides with minions but has a cone explosion behind it. It has technically infinite range but detonates on terrain, so can only go really long with specific angles.
- She has technically ranged auto attacks, but they’re lower range (325), and she doesn’t really play like a ranged character due to needing to get in close for her abilities.
- Rioters in testing found success building a few AP items and then going into tank itemization. Maxw3ll cites Runic Echoes -> Liandry’s Torment -> Dead Man’s Plate -> Spirit Visage as a build path.
- The reasoning for tank itemization is that her defenses scale poorly, but she has a strong enough midgame power spike that she shouldn’t need more damage.
- She can go top, but is designed as and is assumed to work best as a jungler. This seems to come from a fast clear speed and high mobility with her Q uptime (the specific wording is “she’s most powerful when eviscerating camps and using the high uptime movement speed to roam around”).
- She is anticipated to have a more niche playstyle, rather than broad appeal.
How to Get Lillia
On patch 10.14 PBE cycle, Riot added a new token called Lillia’s Haiku. Soon after that, League of Legends players were making a lot of speculations as at the start of season 10 when Riot introduced Sett, they also made similar token for Sett which was later used for unlocking Sett for free. As a result, many players also think that with the help Lillia’s Haiku token, Lillia will be unlockable for free.
Lillia, the Bashful Bloom
Spirit Blossom Lillia
Lillia’s release date is yet to be announced but she will be available from patch 10.15.