Respawn just announced the next collection event for Apex Legends just right on the heels of the Anniversary Collection Event.
Besides the announcement of the collection event with Ring Fury LTM and a much-requested no-fill matchmaking option for cocky legends, this new mid-season update will come with major meta shifting changes.
In this update, Respawn targeted Caustic once again since he has been dominating recently. On the flip side, Pathfinder actually received quite a huge buff as Respawn finally removed the low profile perk from this friendly robot.
Gibraltar and Horizon also received some subtle nerf while Wattson received a very useful passive. Also, Rampart got some much-needed bug fixes that should definitely help her become a little bit more effective during actual games.
Legend Updates in Chaos Theory Event:
- Nox Gas Grenade cooldown increased from 2.5 minutes to 3.5 minutes.
- Nox Gas damages at a flat rate of 5hp per tick instead of ramping up from 6hp → 12hp.
Dev note: Caustic is brutally effective at slowing down engagements. The entirety of his kit revolves around gas with a large area of effect, slow, vision obstruction, and direct health damage. It’s proven to be too oppressive in too many scenarios especially considering teammates can play in gas relatively unimpaired. Significantly reducing gas damage (without taking it away completely or having it affect armor instead) seems like a fair compromise that stays true to the character while making him less oppressive on the receiving end. We will be monitoring the data and gameplay closely. If these changes hit Caustic’s appeal or effectiveness too hard we will revisit accordingly.
- Removed Low Profile
Dev Note:Low Profile has been used as a balancing tool for both mobile and/or small legends. Although Path is still mobile, his hitbox is large. While his overall win rate and encounter win rate is by no means low, it’s hard to justify keeping Low Profile on a hitbox of his size.
- Removed 15% faster heal item usage while in Dome of Protection.
- Increased Black Hole cooldown from 2 minutes to 3 minutes
- Revenant’s Silence now disables Mirage’s cloaked revive & respawn as well as Octane’s Swift Mend.
- Wattson now has passive shield regen at 0.5 hp/s (half of Octane’s current health regen rate).
- Explosives damage Amped Cover normally, instead of inflicting 200 damage.
- Explosives damage Sheila normally, instead of inflicting 175 damage.
Dev Note: Walls should be beefy and powerful once built. Before Rampart shipped, we were worried that her nests would be too oppressive and so we gave enemy players the option to quickly clear them out with grenades. This wasn’t necessary, as it turns out, so we’re removing increased damage from grenades against Amped Cover and Sheila.
Following many complaints from the community, Respawn finally listened as they will nerf Caustic down to planet earth. On top of that, Pathfinder finally got an actual buff for a change.