New information regarding the Coven Syndra changes has been revealed.
Riot Games has gotten itself into yet another controversy, this time regarding the newly showcased Coven Syndra.
In the last couple of months, there were two major controversies in League of Legends, and both of them were related to skins. Earlier in August, Riot announced the controversial Dark Cosmic Erasure Jhin skin, which was priced at 200$. The skin required players to open a total of 30 Dark Cosmic Erasure 2023 Capsules. With each capsule costing 750 RP, it would require an absurd 22500 RP to get the skin, totaling $200.
Not only was the skin absurdly expensive, but it was also not even a new skin. The skin was essentially a glorified chroma of the Legendary Dark Cosmic Jhin skin. It also had minimal changes to its VFX and SFX, resulting in a ton of backlash in the community. Now, after less than two months, Riot got themselves into another controversy.
Riot recently revealed the 2023 Coven skin line, which came with seven brand new skin. One of these skins was the much anticipated Coven Syndra. Most of the player base expected the skin to be a Legendary skin, as the Coven skin line matched Syndra quite well.
Unfortunately, Nami was the recipient of the Legendary Skin. Not only that, most of the player base was dissatisfied with almost every aspect of the skin. Thus, Riot announced that they would be delaying the release of Coven Syndra to address these issues.
That said, Riot has recently revealed the adjustments coming to Coven Syndra. In this article, we will go through the proposed changes and figure out how they would affect the skin.
Coven Syndra Changes
Here are the changes coming to Coven Syndra,
- Riot is shifting Coven Syndra’s hair color to a Platinum Blonde, similar to other previous Coven skins.
- They are also updating her Orbs to a new texture, so more Heimerstash hairball orbs.
- Her headdress is also getting tweaked to be more symmetrical and in line with the classic Syndra silhouette.
- Her makeup textures are being adjusted so that the feather element no longer obscures her face.
- Coven Syndra’s sigil is being changed, making it more in line with the Coven elements.
Overall, these are some good changes and should make Coven Syndra a more appealing skin.
Coven Syndra, with the new adjustments, will arrive at the live servers on Patch 13.21, scheduled for Wednesday, Oct 25, 2023.