In a recent dev blog, Riot unveiled the new champion prices in League of Legends.
Since the start of Season 13, Riot has changed many things in League of Legends. Balance-wise, there have been several changes to the jungle, with the latest being a change to jungle pets. Additionally, many champion changes have been made, and more are coming in Patch 13.4.
It does not stop there, as there have been several system-wide updates by Riot as well. Examples of this are the new ping wheel, gold given through vision tracking, voting for objectives, and so on. There were also updates to the toxicity system, making ranked summoner names anonymous and a new ranked system.
All of this happened in a reasonably short amount of time. The process is not stopping as champion prices are being changed soon in League of Legends. A new video from Riot released the info with a dev blog talking fully about the changes. So, let’s talk about what we know so far.
Read More: Thresh Receives Big Changes On LoL Patch 13.4
Champion Price Update
As mentioned earlier, a new dev blog talks about the new price changes going forward. They will be re-categorized from new player-friendly champions to the latest champions. The following is the new list of prices for League of Legends champions.
- 450 BE / 260 RP – Champions that are for new players. Examples given are Malphite, Miss Fortune, and Yuumi.
- 1350 BE / 585 RP – Champions that are more complex than the previous tier but are approachable for interested players. Examples given are Lucian, Sett, and Yasuo.
- 3150 BE / 790 RP – Champions with a high learning curve or just difficult to play. Examples given are LeBlanc, Shaco, and Yorick.
- 4444 BE / 880 RP – The Jhin tier (this could very well be a meme).
- 4800 BE / 880 RP – Most of the champions will have this price.
- 6300 BE / 975 RP – Champions that have come out in the past two seasons. They will move to the previous tier when a new season starts.
- 7800 BE / 975 RP – Champions that have come out in the past week.
There will also be new champion bundles that will be released for different roles within the unique tiers. These bundles will be more cost-effective than buying the champions individually. There will also be some exceptions to the system, like Ryze, which will be in 4800 Blue Essence. According to Riot, the total champion catalog price is being reduced by 140606 Blue Essence and 14905 RP with the new system.
This new champion pricing system is set to release in Patch 13.5, which is expected to launch on March 8, 2023.