Riot Games is bringing bunch of Bot lane changes in the patch 10.10 but positions changes have been pushed back for later patch.
League of Legends lead gameplay designer Mark “Scruffy” Yetter tweeted today previewing the patch 10.10. From the preview, it seems like they are heavily focusing on the Bot lane as they are planning to buff Sivir and Soraka while nerfing Miss Fortune and Taric.
Many players think Bot lane’s carry potential has dropped significantly and it doesn’t feel as rewarding as it used to be. Even Riot Games said, “Bot carry power has decreased slightly this season, so we wanted to put a small amount of power back into the role.” But the positioning changes that were planned for patch 10.10 have now moved to later patches for more testing.
If we take a look at Bot Lane’s win rate, most of the champions are struggling to maintain an average win rate. Riot even rebalanced the ADC meta in patch 10.8, but apparently it didn’t change the current state of Bot lane.
Miss Fortune is among a few ad carries that is actually doing OK in the current meta, but Riot thinks she is a little to overpowered in the Normal (Iron-Gold) and Skilled (Plat-Diamond) Elos, as a result, she is the only ADC to receive nerf in patch 10.10.
Taric, on the other hand, is also dominating in the Normal (Iron-Gold) and Skilled (Plat-Diamond) Elos, so, Riot is bringing down some of his strengths from the team fights. Meanwhile, Ezreal is untouched even with the 30% pick rate he currently has.
Although Sivir was buffed in patch 10.5, she still feels fragile in the early games against other ad carries. As a result, she will be buffed in the patch 10.10 alongside Soraka. Lux Support buff has pushed back to patch 10.11.
Soraka was gutted down when players were abusing her in the top lane and after that Riot has already buffed support Soraka in both patch 10.6 and 10.8. And now they are also planning to give her another buff in patch 10.10.
Miss Fortune Nerf Patch 10.10
- W: Max movement speed 60/70/80/90/100 > 50/60/70/80/90
Taric Nerf Patch 10.10
- Base Stats: Health per level 90 > 85
- W: Bonus armor 10-20 > 10-14%
Sivir Buff Patch 10.10
- E: Mana restore 80-140 > 110-150
Soraka Buff Patch 10.10
- Q: Damage: 75-215 > 85-225
- W: Health refund when rejuvenated 60-100 > 80-100%
Other Patch 10.10 Changes:
- Udyr and Nidalee are the jungelers to receive buffs where Kayn Rhaast is left for nerfs
- Kled, Maokai, and Irelia are the Top Lane champions to receive changes in patch 10.10
- Diana and Katarina are the assassins to receive nerfs in patch 10.10
- Annie and Twisted Fate are the mages to receive buffs in patch 10.10