Here is everything you need to know about Notoriety in Assassin’s Creed Mirage.
Ubisoft’s 13th mainline entry to their massively popular Assassin’s Creed franchise is Assassin’s Creed Mirage. In this title, you get to experience the journey of a young thief in the streets of 9th-century Baghdad named Basim.
According to Ubisoft, Assassin’s Creed Mirage takes the gameplay back to its roots. Meaning there is more emphasis on stealth, and I would even go as far as to say that head-to-head combat in the game is very much discouraged.
Notoriety in AC Mirage means that players who get caught doing unethical acts get a degree of unwanted attention from the public, as well as from law enforcement. And if you don’t take action to lower your notoriety level, there will be consequences.
So, if you want to know all about notoriety, including how you can increase or decrease it and what consequences you will face if you ignore it, then this is the perfect guide for you!
Consequences of Different Notoriety Levels in AC Mirage
Notoriety accumulation in Assassins Creed Mirage can be divided into three stages: Level 1, Level 2, and Level 3.
So, how much trouble you’ll face going about Baghdad is hinged upon your level of notoriety. You can monitor which stage you’re in by glancing at the notoriety bar in the lower right corner of your screen.
Let’s dive into each stage of notoriety to understand better what will happen if we leave it be.
Level 1 Notoriety
- Citizens of Baghdad will notice you while you roam around in the streets. Stick around too long, and you see them call nearby guards on you.
- Also, there will be a few wanted posters around nearby markets with your name and picture.
Level 2 Notoriety
- Things start to heat up when you reach level 2, as you will see archers posted on the rooftops of buildings looking for you.
- Guards will also actively start looking for you and command you to stop when you do get spotted.
- Civilians will also be more hasty in reporting you to the guards nearby whenever you stick around for too long.
- And finally, you’ll notice many more wanted posters on the streets.
Level 3 Notoriety
- The final level of notoriety. In this stage, a loud alarm will play. This indicates a high-priority request to take you down. When the alarm rings, an elite guard called Shakiriyya will be on the hunt for you.
- Also, citizens will gather around your wanted posters and gossip about you and be more aware of your presence overall.
How Does Notoriety Increase in AC Mirage
Let’s first discuss what actions will increase the notoriety bar in AC Mirage before talking about how to decrease it.
Well, any act you do which is deemed unethical by the public will increase your level of notoriety. However, the amount by which your notoriety increases depends on the severity of your actions.
For example, killing guards in front of citizens will greatly increase your level of notoriety. In comparison, a failed attempt to pickpocket citizens will increase it slightly. Also, hurting the people of Baghdad will contribute to your notoriety.
Now, do keep in mind that only unethical acts that are witnessed by the public will affect your notoriety. This means that if you, for example, throw a smoke bomb to obscure vision or simply assassinate someone in an unpopulated area, then your notoriety won’t increase.
How to Decrease Notoriety in AC Mirage
Now, you can accumulate a dangerous level of notoriety very easily as it’s not always possible to do everything in complete anonymity. So, let’s see how you can reduce your notoriety level in AC Mirage.
Take Down Wanted Posters
As mentioned above, your wanted posters will be posted all over the city. The greater the wanted level, the more the number of posters.
What you can do is look for the poster icon on the compass to locate the ones that are posted nearby. Then go and tear them off. This will reduce your notoriety level by one.
Another way to do it is to scan the area. Doing so will make your wanted posters glow. Go ahead and tear them off. But be aware, because citizens around the vicinity of the posters will become wary of what you just did.
Talk to a Munadi
You can completely wipe your slate clean if you head to a Munadi. In order to do so, you need to pay with a Power Token.
You can get Power Tokens through pick-pocketing or through rewards for completing contracts.
Take Down the Shakiriyya
At Level 3 Notoriety, when the Shakiriyya is hunting you down, you can completely remove your notoriety by bringing down the Shakiriyya.
However, be warned that taking the Shakiriyya isn’t an easy task, as the combatant is very much capable and dangerous. So come prepared if you’re gonna take that route.