Apex Legends’ upcoming Genesis collection event will feature Revenant’s heirloom, massive legend changes, original versions of Kings Canyon, and World’s Edge map.
Aside from all the character-related and quality of life changes, some weapons in the game also received a slight tuning. Following many complaints from the community regarding the effectiveness of the Spitfire, Respawn finally listened and added another nerf to its hip fire.
The Spitfire has been a hotly debated topic among the Apex Legends player base. Following recent tweaks, this weapon became a monster as it can output massive damage via a single magazine.
Even though this small hip fire spread might not stop the Spitfire meta altogether, it is still a step in the right direction from Respawn.
Aside from the Spitfire, weapons like P2020, 30-30 Repeater, Longbow received some slight buffs. However, the significant changes are actually coming to the Arenas game mode with big changes to the overall weapon economy.
Genesis Event Weapons Balance Updates
- Increased Fire Rate from 6.25 -> 7.0
- Increased Base Ammo from 12 -> 14
- Increased Lvl 1 Mag from 14 -> 16
- Increased Lvl 2 Mag from 16 -> 18
- Increased Lvl 3 and Lvl 4 Mag from 18 -> 21
- Increased Hip Fire spread
Dev Note: The Spitfire has continued to over perform so we’re hitting it’s close range hip fire accuracy which should help bring it in line.
- Slightly increased projectile speed
- Reduced charge time from 0.5s -> 0.35s
- Damage increased from 55 -> 60