After being around the bottom of the totem pole for a while, Zeri is getting a mini-rework.
There has really not been a champion this year that has had the turbulence like Zeri in League of Legends 2022. For a good portion of the time after release, she was the talk of the town. Zeri’s laser became a montage, and every clip of Zeri was coined as a “Zeri moment.”
Riot had to put a stop to that, and they nerfed her, rightfully so. However, the effect of the nerfs was not what was entirely intended, as Zeri’s win rate hit the tank. She was one of the worst, if not the worst, champions in terms of win rate in solo queue. After adjusting to her numerous times in the year, Riot still could not find an answer as to how to balance her properly.
Hence, Riot concluded doing a mini-rework on Zeri, hoping it would be easier to balance. Some of Zeri’s abilities are getting pretty significant changes as Riot intends for her to be played differently from what she used to be played in the past. So, Riot Truexy, the designer at Riot in charge of the changes, has posted what is coming to PBE regarding Zeri. Here is what we know about the changes.
Read More: League of Legends ARAM Rework 2022
The mini-rework of Zeri has many interesting changes in store for all the players. The major changes are coming to her E – Spark Surge and R – Lightning Crash. There are also significant changes, such as Q – Burst Fire and W – Ultrashock Laser damage type. Also, there are many more changes to Zeri coming soon.
These changes should make Zeri more prone to be targeted and shut down while rewarding aggressive players piloting the champion close enough to output some heavy damage.
Here is a full list of the changes.
Her base stats are being adjusted to make her stronger without being too reliant on her abilities.
- Movement Speed: 325 >>> 330.
- Base Attack Damage: 50 >>> 53.
- Base Armor: 20 >>> 24.
- Base Health: 600 >>> 630.
- Attack Speed Ratio: 0.568 >>> 0.625.
- HP per Level: 109 >>> 115.
The fully charged damage on her basic attack is being buffed to give it a little more of an oomph.
- Fully Charged Damage: 90-200 (+90% AP)(+1-15% target maximum health) >>> 90-200 (110% AP)(+1-15% target maximum health).
Passive – Living Battery
The overall movement speed for Living Battery is being altered to be more consistent and shorter. This will make her less elusive.
- Innate: Gotta Zip!
- Shield Bonus: 10% multiplicative movement speed >>> 10% movement speed.
- Duration: 3 seconds >>> 2 seconds.
Q – Burst Fire
Burst Fire is being changed in many different ways. The range is being shortened while giving it more damage throughout the game. The aim is to make Zeri get closer and deal more damage.
- Range: 825 >>> 750.
- Excess Attack Speed to Attack Damage Ratio: 60% >>> 70%.
- Base Damage: 8/11/14/17/20 >>> 15/18/21/24/27.
- AD Ratio: 100/105/110/115/120% >>> 104/108/112/116/120%.
W – Ultrashock Laser
The laser is being changed fundamentally, starting with its damage type. Now it’s primarily physical damage as the ability cast time, and animation have been changed.
- Damage Type: Magic >>> Physical
- Damage: 20/55/90/125/160 (+100% AD)(+40% AP) >>> 20/60/100/140/180 (+130% AD)(+0% AP).
- Cast Time: 2.5x Attack Time >>> 0.55 – 0.3 seconds (will be based on Attack Speed).
- Missile Speed: 2200 >>> 2500.
- Beam Cast Time: 0.75 seconds >>> 0.85 seconds.
E – Spark Surge
More damage is inserted in the dash, along with faster but costlier dashes.
- Mana Cost: 80 >>> 90/85/80/75/70.
- Cooldown: 24/22.5/21/19.5/18 seconds >>> 22/21/20/19/18 seconds.
- [New Effect] Upon cast, Zeri’s Burst Fire will deal additional magic damage to the first enemy hit and pierce targets for the next five seconds.
- Bonus Magic Damage: 20/22/24/26/28 (+20% AP)(+12% bonus AD).
- [New] Deals up to 65% bonus damage based on Critical Strike Chance.
- Pierce Damage Falloff: 60/70/80/90/100% >>> 80/85/90/95/100%
- Spark Surge’s cooldown reduces by 0.5 seconds (1.5 seconds on a critical hit) when hitting a target with an ability or attack.
- Reveal Range Through Walls: 850 >>> 1500.
R – Lightning Crash
Lightning Crash will now be more about going on top of a target and dealing damage continuously to ensure the buffs are running. Also, the damage has been increased for being more upfront and in the enemy’s face.
- [Removed] Bonus Magic Damage
- Chain Lightning Range: 450 >>> 650.
- On-Cast Magic Damage: 150/250/350 (+80% Ability Power)(+80% Attack Damage) >>> 175/275/375 (+110% Ability Power)(+100% Attack Damage).
- If Lightning Crash hits any enemy champion on cast, Zeri gains 10% Movement Speed, 30% Attack Speed, and chain lightning shots for 5 seconds. Hitting champions refreshes the buff for 1.5 seconds (up to 5 seconds total).
- Overcharge: Hitting a champion gains Zeri one stack (three per critical hit) of Overcharge for 1.5 seconds. Zeri gains 0.5% Movement Speed for each stack of Overcharge (stacks infinitely).
As the changes have already hit the PBE server, the mini-rework is expected to come out in Patch 12.23. The patch will release on December 7th, 2022.