With the latest VALORANT patch 1.03, Riot just added a new orb called “twin hunters” to its spike rush game mode to spice things up.
Ever since the game launched back last month, players were asking for more game modes in VALORANT. Instead of a much-requested deathmatch mode, Riot introduced spike rush mode as an alternative to the unrated matchmaking. Furthermore, with this update, they just added a new orb: Twin Hunters to add an extra layer in this game mode.
Twin Hunters explained:
- Capturing the orb releases two hunting wolves to track down the two nearest enemies (from orb location, they will not change targets after spawning).
- Wolves speed up when they spot an enemy and dash at them when close, slowing, and near-sighting for 4 seconds upon impact.
- Wolves have 150 HP and can be damaged
- Wolves will time out at 15 seconds, or when their target is killed
The new orb will create a more aggressive play style as these hunting wolves will hunt down nearest opponents. Since these wolfs will have additional health, they will be a great distraction for players to get an easy kill.
While the introduction of a new orb will bring new gameplay opportunities, other orbs like paranoia are still very dividing among the VALORANT community. Some players think the existence of this orb makes the game mode not enjoyable at all.
However, there are still players who think that the orb is not that bad as people assume it to be. At the end of the day, Spike Rush mode is a great practice arena for players to warm up before a ranked match. While it works great for what it is, players are still looking for a deathmatch style game mode for VALORANT.
- More Related: VALORANT fan came up with the idea for each agent to have unique finishers on the agent contract weapons
According to Volcano who is a developer at Riot Games, a team deathmatch mode is still in the works. Although there is still no clear release window for this game mode. Maybe in the next content patch Riot can somehow manage to sneak in a team deathmatch mode in the game.