The wait is finally over for competitive VALORANT players as they no longer have to queue with chat restricted players starting with patch 2.05.
Players in the VALORANT community have been asking developers to gatekeep chat or voice-restricted players from taking part in the ranked mode. Usually, Riot hands out a ban for using offensive remarks during matches.
Following patch 2.05, chat restricted players will not be eligible to play ranked. Furthermore, massive AFK penalties are also coming with this patch alongside a better AFK detection system. Players can get in-game bans for zero-tolerance offenses.
Additionally, this new patch will also include some much-needed competitive changes. Players now have the option to hide or show their Act rank. The match history tab will now have a filter to sort by game mode.
Furthermore, players will lose a small rank rating for dodging competitive games. Also, Radiant rank rating gains and losses have been slightly tuned to be a bit more consistent with their Immortal counterparts. Lastly, Astra and Sova now have additional keybinds.
Full 2.05 patch notes:
|Added unique keybinds to the option menu for flying up and down when using Owl Drone
|Added unique keybinds to the option menu for flying up and down in Astral Form
- The Career: Act Rank tab now has a toggle that allows you to choose to enable or disable your Act Rank
- The default is on, but if you don’t want to flex your skills, you can always turn it off
- The Match History tab now allows you to filter your matches per mode
- We know sometimes you just want to look at your Competitive matches
- Players will receive a small rank rating penalty for dodging Competitive games.
- Tuned Radiant Rank Rating gains and losses to be more consistent with Immortal rank rating behavior
- Custom Games layout and visuals have been updated
- Improved AFK Detection
- Updated Penalties for AFK offenses
- This includes warnings, queue restrictions, XP denial, Competitive queue bans, and game bans
- Updated Penalties for chat-based offenses
- This includes warnings, chat restrictions, Competitive queue restrictions, and game bans
- A reminder that zero-tolerance offenses will result in game bans automatically
- Fixed a bug where Ranked game icons were misaligned in Match History
- Astra now starts Spike Rush games with all 5-star charges
- Killjoy can’t place Lockdown off the ground by jumping and placing it on cosmetic pieces of geo on the walls anymore
- Fixed issue where Cypher’s Spycam dart could sometimes hit players that were on the other side of a wall
- Fixed Killjoy not getting charges from her Alarmbot and Turret back if they are recalled after she is resurrected
- Fixed dead enemies being counted as flashed enemies in the combat report
- Fixed Astra’s “Out of charges” VO not playing for her abilities while in Astral Form
- Fixed the deafening effect on nearsights not playing if Astra is in the game
- Fixed Cypher’s Spycam targeting going through Sage’s wall
- Fixed Astra having trouble placing Stars on the defender side boxes of Icebox mid from the A site
- Sova Drone and Astra ascend/descend binds now properly respect changed jump/crouch keybinds
- The defuse range circle indicator that shows after planting the Spike again displays properly.
- Fixed a rare bug that could leave players unable to move or process inputs until they died when entering or returning from Astra’s astral form, Sova’s drone, Skye’s scout, or Cypher’s Spy Camera.
- We previously addressed some causes of this bug last patch, this fix should address the remaining known causes.
- Fixed an issue where the Stinger’s stock would appear detached on the ground
- Improved readability of player names in Observer
- Fixed an issue where Skye’s seekers did not visibly move on Brimstone’s tactical map
- Fixed an issue where scoreboard color doesn’t appropriately swap at side swap for Observers
- Fixed a bug that would cause the “Network Problem” icon to appear when no network issues were present