Riot Games just released the 7.06 patch notes for VALORANT. Luckily, there isn’t going to be any big change coming with it.
As VALORANT is a competitive live-service title, Riot Games regularly pushes small to major updates to keep the game fresh. VALORANT receives several balancing tweaks, bug fixes, skin bundles, and other improvements as a result of these updates.
Likewise, with the 7.06 patch, VALORANT will see some minor modifications to the game. Riot Games decided not to provide players with anything major for the time being because Episode 7 Act 2 only went live a few days ago.
The most notable update to notice among the things that 7.06 will receive is the competitive update. Ascendant players and above, it appears, will no longer be allowed to invite anyone below Platinum rank. Riot believes that doing so will prevent players from exploiting the rank system.
VALORANT Patch Notes 7.06
- We’re implementing some updates to how we load your accessories, like gun buddies and weapons skins, so that it will reduce your load times. This will land mid-patch.
- We’ve updated Sage’s voice lines and added interaction lines with more Agents.
- There has been a wave of competitive rank boosting with bots and real players. In an effort to protect against this abuse, we have introduced restrictions where Ascendant players and higher can only invite players with Platinum rank and higher to their competitive party.
- We will continue to actively monitor botting abuse and ban any accounts suspicious of this behavior.
- For more information on our Gameplay Systems and our approach to combating disruptive behavior, check out our recent VALORANT Systems Health Series.
Gameplay System Updates
- Made some back end updates for Combat Reports in order to fix instances where all the correct information wasn’t showing. Please let us know if there are any weird behaviors—especially after death and pre-round start.
- Fixed a rare bug where you would be revealed unintentionally in places that you shouldn’t be seen after purchasing a weapon.
- Fixed an issue where the Spike plant and defuse UI bar did not appear for minimal HUD observers.
- Fixed a bug where vision cones would flicker at the start of a round on Sunset.