Teamfight Tactics (TFT) patch 12.5 will buff Jinx & Zeri, nerf Malzahar & Tryndamere, adjust multiple augments, and much more.
After set 6’s massive success, Riot recently released the biggest mid-set, Set 6.5 Gizmos & Gadgets: Neon Nights, update in TFT history. The mid-set featured more than 20 new units and 80 new Hextech Augments.
Though the mid-set brought so many new things, top streamers like k3soju expressed their frustrations complaining about the Champion and Augment balance. Teamfight Tactics’ Lead Designer Riot Mort, however, did acknowledge some of the issues and ensured fix in the 12.4B patch and patch 12.5.
TFT 12.4 B-patch already went live nerfing champions like Silco, Renata, Irelia, Sivir, Sejuani, Zac, etc. Moreover, Hextech and Innovator traits also received significant nerfs.
On top of that, Riot Mort has also previewed the upcoming patch 12.5, where they will focus on balancing the game even more.
“Because we can’t hit everything in a B-patch, we wanted to give you a preview of things we’ll be hitting for 12.5,” Riot Mort said. “This is what is on our radar currently and hopefully shows where the focus will be.”
Neon Nights Balance Update (2/3)
In addition, because we can't hit everything in a B-patch, we wanted to give you a preview of things we'll be hitting for 12.5. This is what is on our radar currently and hopefully shows where the focus will be (especially augments wise) pic.twitter.com/m638ewjtap
— Riot Mort (@Mortdog) February 22, 2022
Here’s everything you need to know about the TFT patch 12.5.
TFT Patch 12.5 will go live on Wednesday, March 2, 2022.
Note: Full changes will be revealed soon.
- Tome of Traits breakpoints are nerfed slightly.
- Balance passes on many of the combat augments including Battle Mage, Disintegrator, Double Trouble, Electrocharge, Luden’s Echo, and more.
- Removing dead options including Second Wind lll, as well as Treasure Trove in the mid and late game.
- Improving some of the requirements for augments to appear such as not being offered Knife’s Edge if you have 2 or more Snipers/Arcanists.
- Bodyguard and Enchanter buffs to improve their viability
- Innovator adjustments to ensure the Jump from Bear to Dragon is worthwhile and healthy.
- Chemtech and Enforcer adjustments (though Enforcer may get pushed to 12.6)
- Brand buffs
- Jarvan nerfs
- Slight Twitch 3 nerfs
- Ashe 1 and 2 buffs
- Rek’sai rework to open up more defensive builds that aren’t hard countered by a flexible 3 trait Two cost.
- Slight Lulu and Corki buffs
- Malzahar and Tryndamere nerfs
- Morgana and Lucian buffs
- Possible Gnar and Leona buffs
- Adjustments to Ahri to make her easier and more satisfying to play
- Draven buffs for non-VIP so the gap isn’t as wide between VIP and non
- Slight Braum and Jhin buffs
- Slight Vi nerfs
- Adjustments to Tahm Kench so he isn’t as hard countered by CC immunity
- Galio and Zeri buffs
- Slight Jinx buffs
- Radiant Zephyr nerfs
- Statikk Shiv slight nerf
- Exploring possible Morello & Sunfire nerfs
TFT 12.4B Patch
Here’s the TFT patch 12.4B patch changes:
- HP: 800 >>> 750
- AD: 70 >>> 60
- Resist Steal Percent: 30/35/40% >>> 10%
- HP: 800 >>> 750
- AD: 65 >>> 55
- Spell Defensive stats: 75/100/150 >>> 50/75/125
- Spell Attack Speed Slow: 35/35/50% >>> 25/25/35%
- Mana: 50/100 >>> 40/80
- Spell Damage Reduction: 75% >>> 50%
- AS: 0.85 >>> 0.8
- Spell Base Damage: 90/135/600 >>> 75/100/500
- Spell Damage: 55/85/255 >>> 45/70/240
- AD: 80 >>> 70
- AS. 0.75 >>> 0.7
- Sivir no longer sometimes cancels attacks while her Ability is active
- Spell Duration: 8 >>> 6 seconds
- Spell Bonus AS: 80/175/666% >>> 50/125/666%
- Mastermind Mana Bonus: 40 >>> 30
- Shield: 140/180/400/600 >>> 100/150/300/600
- Magic Damage: 20/50/100/170 >>> 15/30/60/120
- Mechanical Bear
- Spell Self Bonus AD%: 100% >>> 70%
- Mechanical Bear
- Golden Gifts
- Golden Gifts I number of gray orbs: 1 >>> 2
- Golden Gifts II number of gray orbs: 2 >>> 3