Ahri is getting some small yet effective buffs on the upcoming patch 10.18.
Ahri is one of the few champions who has not received any kind of buffs or nerfs in season 10 besides that patch 10.15 VFX update. Even in Season 9, she was included in only one patch, 9.14 where they gave a small change to her E.
Even though Ahri didn’t get any major changes for quite some time now, she has been maintaining a steady 50-53% win rate. Currently, on patch 10.16, Ahri has a 52.32% win rate with a 7.38% pick rate which is relatively high compare to the other mid lane champions.
But today, League of Legends’ lead gameplay designer Mark “Scruffy” Yetter has announced that for the upcoming patch 10.18, they are planning to give light mechanics upgrades to both Ahri and Kayle.
Ahri Buff Patch 10.18
Vastayan Grace (Passive):
- [REMOVED] Innate: Whenever Ahri lands 2 ability hits against a champion within 1.5 seconds, she gains a 20% bonus movement speed for 3 seconds.
- [NEW] Passive Name: Vastayan Grace >>> Essence Theft
- [NEW] Innate: Whenever Ahri hits an enemy with one of her abilities, she gains a charge of Essence Theft, and can gain up to 3 charges per ability cast. Upon reaching 9 charges, her next ability that hits an enemy Champion heals her for 30/60/90/180 (based on level) (+27% AP). (Note this is 1 large heal instead of the per-hit heal on live.)
Orb of Deception (Q):
- [REMOVED] Passive: Ahri gains an Essence Theft stack for each enemy hit by her abilites, up to a maximum of 3 per cast, and storing up to 9 at once. While Ahri has 9 stacks of Essence Theft, Orb of Deception consumes the stacks to Heal power heal Ahri for 3/5/9/18 (based on level) (+9% AP) for each enemy hit instead of generating more stacks.
- [NEW] Now grants a burst of 40% Movement Speed decaying over 1.5 seconds
- [NEW] Deals 200% damage to minions below 20%
- Cooldown: 9/8/7/6/5 >>> 10/9/8/7/6s
- Mana cost: 40 >>> 55 mana at all ranks
Riot Scruffy has also mentioned that the main goal of this Ahri change is to give her more “flexibility and control of her movement speed to open up new small combos and outplays.”
From patch 10.18, Riot is renaming Ahri’s passive from Vastayan Grace to Essence Theft with a new effect that can now be stacked to 9 charges which will give her heals based on level.
As her old Q’s passive is now shifted to her main passive with a better overhaul, Riot is now removing Ahri’s Q passive entirely. They are also giving new effects to her W as well, which will now give her 40% movement speed and 200% damage to minions below 20% hp. However, to balance things up, Riot is increasing the W cooldown and mana cost.
Ahri buff along with the Kayle changes are coming to PBE very soon and it is scheduled to go live on patch 10.18.