Riot is looking to nerf some of the strong Junglers in this patch.
Riot usually makes drastic meta shifts before each year’s Worlds event, and with Worlds 2023 less than two months away, Riot is making some drastic changes.
Patch 13.17 is looking to be a massive patch. First of all, the heavy snowball Junglers like Kayn, Kha’Zix, and Kindred are getting some big nerfs. Items and Runes like Bloodthirster, Stattik Shiv. Future’s Market and Evenshroud are also getting some nerfs.
On the buff side, we have buffs for Immortal Shielbow and its users, such as Samira. AP Mid-laners like Lux, Oriana, Twisted Fate, Vex, and Zoe are also getting some buffs. In addition, Blitzcrank, Aatrox, Vi, and Hecarim are getting some adjustments.
But most importantly, the Cosmic skin line is returning with four brand-new skins.
In this article, we will look at the nerfs coming to this patch and how these will affect the nerfed champions.
Patch 13.17 Nerfs
Here are all the nerfs coming in the patch,
- W – Blade’s Reach:
- Physical Damage AD Ratio: 130% bonus AD >>> 110% bonus AD.
Kayn’s W – Blade’s Reach has one of the highest AD ratios in the game. So Riot is nerfing it to align with most other champions’ ratios.
- Q – Taste Their Fear:
- Physical Damage AD Ratio: 115% bonus AD >>> 110% bonus AD.
One of the main objectives of this patch seems to be nerfing snowballing Jungler; as it stands, Kha’Zix is currently one of the biggest snow bally Juglers in the game.
Kha’Zix’s Q – Taste Their Fear is getting its damage cut by 10%. As it is the primary damage source of Kha’Zix, it means he will be significantly weaker from Patch 13.14.
- E – Mounting Dread:
- Slow: 50% (+ 5% per 100 AP) >>> 30% (+ 5% per 100 AP).
- Health Ratio on Additional Damage: 8% (+ 0.5% per Mark) of target’s missing Health) >>> 5% (+ 0.5% per Mark) of target’s missing Health).
Kindreds E – Mounting Dread’s Slow and Max Health damage is decreasing significantly. Meaning Kindred would be much weaker in the early and late game.
- Base Stats:
- Health: 650 >>> 635.
- Passive – We Are More:
- Cooldown: 25 – 10 seconds (based on level) >>> 30 – 15 seconds (based on level).
- [New] Packmates take 100% bonus Damage from champion melee attacks.
- Q – Darkin Daggers:
- Seconds Activation Heal: 45/65/85/105/125 (+40% bonus AD) >>> 45/60/75/90/105 (+40% bonus AD).
- Second Activation minimum Damage: 35/50/65/80/95 (+70% bonus AD) >>> 30/45/60/75/90 (+40% bonus AD).
- Second Activation maximum Damage: 70/100/130/160/190 (+140% bonus AD) >>> 60/90/120/150/180 (+140% bonus AD).
- E – Eviscerate:
- First Hit AD Ratio: 60% bonus AD >>> 50% bonus AD.
- Second Hit AD Ratio: 90% bonus AD >>> 80% bonus AD.
It appears that the Naafiri nerfs for the last few patches weren’t enough. So, Riot is nerfing her again in Patch 13.17.
- Base Stats:
- Mana Regeneration: 8 Mana per Second >>> 6.85 Mana per Second.
- Passive – Mana Surge:
- Unit Kill Cooldown Restore: 2 seconds >>> 2.5 seconds.
- W – Eye of Destruction:
- Mana Cost: 70/80/90/100/110 Mana >>> 80/90/100/110/120 Mana.
Both Mid and Support Xerath are overall in a strong state right now. But Support Xerath is quite a bit stronger. So, Riot is nerfing Support Xerath.
- Unique – Engorge:
- Health Threshold: 50% >>> 70%.
Bloodthirster’s heath threshold is being increased by 20%. Now, ranged champions will have a harder time abusing its passive.
- Unique – Coruscation:
- Bonus Damage: 10% >>> 7%.
Evenshroud, at its current state, might be the strongest item in the game. It is a support item that provides 20 Ability Haste, 200 Health, 30 Armor, 30 Magic Resistance, and a flat 10% damage increase. Not only that, it only costs 2300 gold, which is absurd for an item that costs this much.
- Base Debt: 145 Gold >>> 100 Gold.
- Debt per Minute Added: 5 >>> 8.
Future’s Market has been one of the strongest for a while now. The ability to get items early and the fact it is in the inspiration tree makes it a strong rune choice for any champion. Because of this, Riot is nerfing the rune.
- Unique – Electroshock:
- Damage: 100 – 180 (+30% AP) >>> 100 – 180 (+15% AP).
Stattik Shiv was introduced as a waveclear item for AD marksmen. But thanks to its absurdly high AP ratio, it became a staple item for AP champions. Riot is looking to change that in Patch 13.17 by nerfing its AP ratio.
The aforementioned nerfs will arrive at the live servers in Patch 13.17, which will be released on Wednesday, Aug 30, 2023.