Modern Warfare 3 is getting a new Boot, Vest, and Gloves gear system. Let’s take an in-depth look at how the new system will work.
Aside from the blockbuster campaign, Modern Warfare 3 will also get an entirely new multiplayer mode. The multiplayer mode will differ from MW2, featuring new features like the gear system, including Boots, Vest, and Gloves. Let’s look at how the new gear system will work in Modern Warfare 3.
What is the New Gear System?
The gear system might sound confusing for many players, as it might be an active replacement for the perk system. Players will now be equipped with gloves, vests, helmets, and boots representing different perks. The gears will provide the effects the perks were providing.
Here’s how the gear systems will work in-game, according to reputed leaker BobNetworkUK.
There will be six types of Boots in Modern Warfare 3. Here’s how they’re expected to work:
- Canvas Sneakers– Eliminates footstep sounds.
- Stalker Boots– Increased Strafe Speeds & ADS Movement Speed
- Tactical Pads– Increases Slide Distance and allows for Full ADS while Sliding. Increases Stance Transition Speed and Crouched Movement Speed.
- Ultra Light Boots– Increases Movement and Swim Speed. Reduces refresh time.
- Running Sneakers– Increases Tacsprint duration and reduces refresh time.
- Climbing Boots– Increased Climbing & Mantling Speed. Reduces Fall Damage.
There will be six types of Gloves in Modern Warfare 3. Here’s how they’re expected to work:
- Assault Gloves – While jumping, accuracy and time to ADS are improved.
- Custom Gloves – Increased weapon swap speed.
- Scavenger Gloves – Resupply ammo and throwing knives from dead players.
- Specialist Gloves – Throw equipment further. Reset the fuse timer on thrown-back grenades.
- Tactical Combat Gloves – Enables reloading while sprinting.
- Marksman Gloves – Reduced sway and flinch while ADS.
There will be six types of Vests in Modern Warfare 3. Here’s how they’re expected to work:
- Gunner Vest – Carry two Primary Weapons with max ammo, but lose grenades
- Overkill Vest– TBA
- Grenadier Vest– TBA
- Infantry Vest– TBA
- Scout Vest– TBA
- Tactical Vest– TBA
The new gear system appears to be intriguing and may bring about the necessary changes that previous titles lacked. Nonetheless, there is still time before the release of MW3. So there’s still a chance that Activision scraps this gear in favor of something new.