Riot Games to nerf Kai’sa and Varus while buffing both Aphelios and Draven in League of Legends patch 11.12.
Bot lane has been geeing a lot of attention in season 11. League of Legends’ Gameplay Design Director Mark “Scruffy” Yetter has previewed patch 11.12. And it seems, bot lane is yet again scheduled to receive some notable changes.
In patch 11.12, the most popular ADC at this moment Kai’sa, and popular ADC in the pro games Varus are getting some major nerfs. On the other hand, one of the most nerfed ADCs Aphelios is getting buffs along with Draven.
Kai’sa Nerf Patch 11.12
- Cooldown: 8-6 >>> 10-6s
Kai’sa is currently the most popular champion in League of Legends with an over 30% pick rate in Plat+ Elo. Even though she has a below 50% win rate, she has been managing to get more than a 30% pick rate for the last three patches while having around a 10% ban rate.
Kai’sa already received two nerfs and one bug fix in Season 11 but her popularity seems to only increase whenever there’s a new patch. Therefore, in order to prevent that Riot is nerfing Kai’sa once again in the upcoming patch 11.12.
Varus Nerf Patch 11.12
- Bonus damage: 10.8-25.2% >>> 9-21% missing health
Varus might not be as popular as Kai’sa in the soloq but recently he has been heavily favored in the pro games. In MSI 2021, he had 86.4% presence while most of them were bans (56 total bans in MSI 2021). And with all the new splits coming in, Riot is nerfing Varus in patch 11.12 to make him a little less relevant in the pro games.
Aphelios Buff Patch 11.12
- Base stats:
- Magic Resist: 26 >>> 30
- AD per level: 2.4 >>> 3
- Severum Q number of attacks: 6+1 per 33% AS >>> 6+1 per 50% AS
- Severum Q damage per attack: 10~30 (+21-30% AD) >>> 10-40 (+20-35% AD)
- Severum Q Passive healing on basic attacks: 3-20% >>> 3-10%
- Severum Q Passive healing on spells: 3-20% >>> 9-30%
- Crescendum Q damage per attack: 25-85 (+35-50% AD) >>> 31-100 (+40-60% AD)
- Crescendum mini chakram damage: 0.24 AD – (0.035 AD * number of chakrams hit before this one) >>> 0.15 AD – (0.015 AD * number of chakrams hit before this one)
One of the most nerfed ADCs in League of Legends, Aphelios, currently only has a 46.23% win rate in patch 11.11. Despite a major buff in 11.8, his win rate and pick rate have barely improved in Plat+ Elo. And to make his state somewhat better, Riot is buffing him in League of Legends patch 11.12.
Draven Buff Patch 11.12
- Bonus damage: 35-55 (+65-105% bAD) >>> 40-60 (+70-110% bAD)
Draven might not have as low win rate as Aphelios but his presence is relatively low compared to popular ADC champions like Kai’sa, Jhin, Ezreal, and others. Moreover, Draven is one of the few champions who haven’t received any kind of changes in season 11 yet. And now in patch 11.12, Draven will receive his first buff since patch 10.11.