VALORANT has finally added the ability to mute specific words from chat to deal with online harassment.
Riot Games has always been plagued with controversy as rampant toxicity became a norm in their free-to-play titles. Following the release of VALORANT, this free-to-play tactical shooter was also embued with controversy after many players showcased their frustration regarding the lack of tools to deal with abusers.
While VALORANT already has a built-in reporting system that anyone can use to report players who are using exploits or are being toxic in the game, Riot took another step towards creating a safe environment by adding the ability to mute certain keywords to clean up players’ chat experience.
Riot has already made a big commitment to improving VALORANT’s player experience. One such tool is the new “Muted Word List” in the game that would basically mute any unwanted words from appearing in the text chat.
VALORANT players have been asking for something similar for a long time now. Suffices to say that players are delighted with this new tool that was added alongside the new VALORANT patch 4.01.
How to mute specific words in VALORANT
The process to mute certain keywords is really simple. Follow these steps below:
- First, open the game and go to the settings menu.
- From the settings menu, go to “CONTROLS”.
- Under the “CONTROLS” section, there is another option called “COMMUNICATION” click on it.
- Navigate to the “Muted Word List” which is under the “TEXT CHAT” segment.
- Lastly, add all the words that you want to mute and you are done.
Read More: Best Sentinel Agents in VALORANT 2022