VALORANT v4.01 patch notes just dropped recently and it talks about the Ares nerfs, melee changes, social updates, bug fixes, and more.
VALORANT patch 4.0 just dropped recently and it started the Episode 4 Act 1. This update introduced a brand new battle pass, the new agent Neon. Riot Games also introduced some changes to the Ares weapon like increasing its fire rate and reducing its spin-up time.
This made the Ares a deadly weapon and some players started preferring the Ares over the Vandal and Phantom. And the price of Ares being lower than the rifles meant players did not suffer much economically for buying the Ares every round.
But the newly released patch notes for 4.1 talk about Riot’s decision to nerf the Ares a little bit to make it balanced. It also gives us information about other changes like social updates, melee changes, bug fixes, performance updates, and more.
VALORANT Patch Notes v4.01:
Below is the full v4.01 patch notes-
Muted Words List added to the settings
- Muted Word List is a new section you will find in your settings where you can type in variations of words/phrases that you, personally, would not like to see appear in-game
- We admit that some players are often smarter than our automated bad word detection system and continually find creative ways to type things we don’t want to in chat. This is why we need your help to make our detections better! Help us, help you 🙂
- For example: Let’s say “Riot” is a bad word (scary, I know). Our detection may catch the word “Riot” as one that should be blocked and penalized, but there’s a variety of different ways to spell Riot that we may not be catching: R!ot, R!0t, Ri0t, etc.
- And no, you won’t get “League of Legends” banned from chat
- We’re hoping that we can leverage the lists that you and others create to make the chat less toxic by comparing them across regions, and using the data we collect to improve our own detections of bad words. Thanks in advance for all that are willing to lend a hand. Let’s make VALORANT a better place for everyone!
Riot Games thinks that the changes made to the Ares in patch 4.01 made it too strong because it was easy to control and there was no spin-up time. Riot aims to fix these issues by increasing the price, recoil, spread. They also nerfed the crouch benefits of the Ares.
- Price increased from 1550 >>> 1600
- Pitch recoil increased
- Spread changed from .8 >>> .7 after 10 bullets to 1.0 >>> .7 after 13 bullets
- Crouch benefits spread and recoil reduced from 40% >>> 25%
- Right click hitboxes are now 1.5x larger. Left click hitboxes are now larger than a right click and have a slightly longer range too.
- Targets closer to the center of your knife attacks will get hit first, so you still have precision if you need it.
- Bonus: Knifing walls now have instant feedback when slicing up walls (predicted on the client side)
- Fixed a bug where the Origin collection idle Animations weren’t playing for some levels and variants in Spectator mode
- Fixed an issue where observer player hotkeys would change after side-swap.
- Fixed an issue where performance charts that require NVIDIA Reflex were displayed and could not be hidden
- Thanks to TowerofShadow for the report