Riot confirms that Hecarim is getting another major nerf in League of Legends patch 11.9.
In the 2021 preseason, Riot nerfed and adjusted most of the tank items, including the Turbo Chemtank. However, even with all the adjustments, some champions who rely on speed, like Udyr and Hecarim, have been abusing the Turbo Chemtank in both the pro games and solo queue.
League of Legends Gameplay Design Director Mark “Scruffy” Yetter has previewed 2021 MSI Patch 11.9, and it seems they are giving some major nerfs to League’s speedy pony. Moreover, Turbo Chemtank is also scheduled to receive some notable nerfs as well.
Hecarim Nerf Patch 11.9
- Base armor lowered from 36 to 32
- Armor per level increased from 4 to 4.25
- Rampage (Q)
- damage amp changed from [5%] to [2% + 3% bonus AD]
- Spirit of Dread (W)
- heal changed from [30% damage from any source] to [30%+2.5% bonus AD damage taken from Hecarim, and 15% +1.25% bonus AD from allies]
- Devastating Charge (E)
- minimum damage lowered from 35/65/95/125/155 to 30/50/70/90/110
- maximum damage lowered from 70/130/190/250/310 to 60/100/140/180/220
Hecarim has been the strongest jungler, along with Udyr, for most of Season 11. Even with three nerfs that he received in patch 11.1, 11.6, and 11.7, currently, Hecarim has the highest ban rate among any other champion in League of Legends.
In Patch 11.8, Hecarim has a massive 58.7% ban rate and a 51.37% win rate in Plat+ Elo. Furthermore, he also has a 56.5% presence in the pro games across all major regions, where he was picked in 935 games and banned in 874 games.
The previous nerfs might not have impacted his kit that much, but this time, with patch 11.9 nerfs, he might finally be out of the jungle meta. Riot is nerfing his Q, W, and E’s damage while reducing his base armor. If all the changes go live, we might finally see some new champions in the 2021 MSI jungle meta.