Modern Warfare 2’s Open Beta is finally here. The open beta begins with PlayStation’s Early Access weekend 1. Here are all the game modes in MW2 Open Beta.
Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 has had massive hype since its worldwide reveal in June. The game’s open beta will allow players to test out the game for the first time. Furthermore, the open beta is set to feature the new game modes coming to MW2.
MW2’s early access and open beta goes live for PlayStation players first, then simultaneously for Xbox and PC platforms. The beta will be available on Steam, Battle.net, Xbox Store, and PlayStation Store. Here are all the game modes available in the open beta of MW2.
All Game Modes in MW2 Open Beta
- Domination: This is a classic game mode present in almost all CoD titles. Players are divided into two teams fighting to capture three points on the map. The team with the most points wins the match in the set amount of time.
- Team Deathmatch: This is another classic game mode where two teams must earn 75 points to win. Each elimination by a player counts as a point for the team.
- Knockout: This is a round-based mode where two teams fight over “a bag of Cash” in the middle of the map. The player with the bag in their possession will be visible on the map, exposing them to everyone in the match. Holding the bag for sixty seconds or eliminating the entire enemy team will win the round.
- Hardpoint: This game mode is to dominate. However, players earn points by defending circles that keep jumping around the map. It is one of the most competitive modes in CoD.
- Prisoner Rescue: In this game mode, players are divided into two teams. One team defends the prisoner, and another team must infiltrate the zone and extract the prisoner. This game mode has no revives or respawns.
- Invasion: This is a 32v32 team deathmatch that takes place in Ground War maps. Each team will have a certain number of AIs in their team. Players are provided with vehicles they can use to their advantage.
Infinity Ward has also announced a third-person mode for the beta that will reportedly be added to the game with the start of Weekend-2. We’ll be sure to include any additional game modes that will be added to the game’s open beta.