Respawn announced Season 15’s second Collection Event, “Spellbound” just now. Along with it, they are also releasing subtle changes to the overall game.
Season 15: Eclipse will feature two Collection Events. The first one, Wintertide, has already ended, bringing Wraith’s most awaited Prestige skin into the game. The next Collection Event will take place on January 10, 2023.
Previously, it was named “Magic Witch” as a placeholder. However, the actual name of this Collection Event is Spellbound, as announced by EA. Players are excited as Seer’s Heirloom will be featured in the same event.
Similar to the beginning of Season 15, there’ll be no changes made to any Legend with the Spellbound update. However, the developers are making some subtle weapon-related changes that will surely affect the current weapon meta.
G7-Scout and CAR SMG are replacing Spitfire and Peacekeeper from the crafter. Anvil Receiver is getting a questionable nerf that may make it less viable than before. G7-Scout has been dominating the Apex meta starting from Season 15. So Respawn decided to reduce per-bullet damage from this weapon.
On the other hand, Prowler is getting a per-bullet damage buff that may make it a good choice against CAR SMG, which has been put into the crafter. And lastly, Sentinel is getting a huge buff. Now players can charge this sniper with only 1 Shield Cell.
Spellbound Collection Event Patch Notes
- G7 Scout enters the crafter
- C.A.R. SMG enters the crafter
- Spitfire returns to the floor
- Peacekeeper returns to the floor
Anvil Receiver Hop-Up
- Limb damage multiplier reduced to 0.75 (was 0.9)
- Flatline damage reduced to 39 (was 43)
- R301 damage reduced to 32 (was 35)
- Damage reduced to 32 (was 34)
Prowler Burst PDW
- Damage increased to 15 (was 14)
- Now requires 1 shield cell to Energize (was 2)
- Fixed mirage decoys not showing shield regen fx when near a Wattson Pylon or in Control or Gun Game modes.
- 10 new Welcome Challenges added to help new players learn Apex.
- New “Apex 101” badge reward for completing all 10 Welcome Challenges.
- Changing characters in the Firing Range now has a smoother third-person transition.
- Fixed rare issue with Mobile Respawn Beacon sometimes spawning the Dropship out of bounds.
- Fixed issue with ability previews when entering Phase Portals.
- Doors now always appear as damaged when they’re one melee attack away from being destroyed.
- Caustic Town Takeover loot canisters now behave more reliably in Control Mode.
- Reduced the VFX of Caustic’s gas flash.
- Fixed rare client crash with IMC Armories.
- Fixed the raven in Bloodhound’s Niflheim Hundr skin to appear as white more reliably.
- DirectX 12 beta: added support for the Brightness slider in all Display Modes.
- DirectX 12 beta: Fixed crash with setting.mat_backbuffer_count “0” in videoconfig.txt settings. Note that Apex Legends running in DirectX 11 (DX11) requires the operating system to use an additional buffer for compositing, which was not counted in mat_backbuffer_count. DX12 includes that required buffer in mat_backbuffer_count, so DX12 in full-screen mode with “1” will be just as low latency as DX11 with “0”.
- Fixed issue where Crypto could inspect while using their drone removing the HUD.
- Fixed issue where the lobby tabs would enter an unresponsive state after changing resolution on PC.
- Adjusted hold and tap logic for controller players viewing weapons in Loadouts to be more responsive.