Respawn finally revealed what kind of meta shifting changes they have made to weapons in season 8 of Apex legends.
Weapons are a big part of what makes an FPS shooter fun. And Apex Legends is not an exception. Respawn usually likes to switch up the meta with subtle weapon tweaks that make massive changes to how Apex Legends players enjoy the game.
Seems like in season 8, Respawn made some bold choices by vaulting the gold barrel and replacing that with the gold magazine attachment. On top of that, the popular energy-based Volt SMG is also receiving some nerfs while the Alternator will be getting some buffs.
Surprisingly, Respawn also made some changes to the Spitfire. The new Spitfire paired with the new gold magazine will be a deadly combo in this new season. EVA 8 also received a slight buff to its fire rate.
Apex Legends season 8 weapon meta:
Fully Kitted Rotation
- Removed: Wingman, Sentinel, Havoc, G7, Alternator
- Added: R-301, 30-30 Repeater, Mozambique, Longbow DMR, Spitfire
- We are removing the Gold Barrel from the loot pool
- The Double Tap hop up will be removed from the loot pool
- The Anvil Rounds hop up will be added into the loot pool
- Bullet damage decreased from 16 to 15
- Bullet damage increased from 15 to 16
- Bullet damage increased from 18 to 19
- Reload speed increased from 2.8 seconds to 3.2
- Empty Reload speed increased from 3.33 seconds to 3.8
- Fire rate increased from 2.0 to 2.1
How the gold magazine works in season 8
Season 8 introduces the Gold-tier magazines. Attaching it to a weapon automatically reloads your stowed weapons after a brief delay. The Gold magazine has the same capacity as Purple mags, and is available for Light, Heavy, Snipers, and Energy Weapons.