Respawn has reverted the Evo armor health changes after analyzing Apex Legends players’ feedbacks in the newest patch.
Respawn Entertainment introduced multiple new changes in Apex Legends Season 6. But among all these changes, one of the most notable ones was replacing every armor on the map to Evo Armor. Additionally, they also reduced Armor health by 25 each level.
New Armor changes however received mixed reactions from the Apex Legends community. Some players were saying the changing every armor to Evo armor was a great addition to the game but most of them agreed that 25 lower HP was game-changing. And it was having more impact on the game them everyone thought it would be.
And now after analyzing feedbacks from the Apex Legends players, Respawn’s Design Director on Apex Legends Jason McCord said on the latest dev post that, “we are going to revert the armor values to pre-Season 6 values. This change is happening today across all platforms.”
- Read More: Data miners suggest Respawn might be working on cross-platform progression in Apex Legends
“With the introduction of the Evo Armor change, we saw (in our internal playtests) that players were achieving Red Armor (125 shields) more often, and more players were fighting at 225 total health,” Jason McCord on why they reverting the HP changes. “This started to swing the battles more than we liked, and good players were able to outplay teams more consistently, even if the enemy had worked for a much better position. By lowering the armor values, we felt we had adjusted for the Red Armor availability more than anything else.”
Apart from the Evo armor change, Respawn also addressed multiple bug fixes on the latest September 3 patch.
- Fixed several server crashes.
- Made adjustments to the appearance of several holosprays.
- Removed an inappropriate Caustic voice line.
- Fixed an issue with audio not playing when shooting the Devotion and Volt.
- Fixed an issue where Crypto’s drone in Caustic gas would play to the whole server
- Fixed marking crafting replicators from the ship playing a “Let’s go here” VO ping.
- Fixed an issue with Evo Shields that require exactly 100 damage not evolving when crafting the 100 points.
- Fixed an issue with Ninja controller configuration not being able to use Replicators.
- Fixed an issue with not being able to revive a teammate when they are downed while using a replicator.
- Fixed an issue with Dome Shield on a Sheila allowing a player to shoot through the Dome Shield.
- Fixed an issue with the “No Mercy” finisher spamming “Boom” to the entire server.
- Fixed an issue with amped cover walls requiring more hits from heirlooms than from normal melee to be destroyed.
- Fixed a server crash when Sheila is destroyed while someone is using it.
- Fixed an issue with Hack not detecting players on Sheila.
- Fixed an issue with the portal disappearing upon Wraith’s death.
- Fixed a crash with Wraith’s portal interacting with World’s Edge geysers.
- Fixed an error when Wraith’s portal is too close to a replicator and the player interacts with the replicator.
- Fixed an issue that caused Loba’s teleport to fail in certain areas.