We finally have more in-depth information surrounding the upcoming Raiders collection event in Apex Legends.
Apex Legends is a live service battle royale game set in the same universe as the Titanfall franchise of video games. Following its release, it quickly garnered a massive dedicated player base mainly due to its amusing gunplay and unique cast of characters all with unique skill sets.
Turns out, legends with different abilities made this game stand out from the sea of other battle royale games that were dominating the market at that point. And over the years, Respawn has released new collection events with each new season to keep the player base engaged.
A collection event in Apex Legends usually introduces a limited-time game mode, new event exclusive skins, a legend town takeover event, and lastly heirloom for a legend. In Apex Legends, an heirloom is a character-specific melee skin for each individual legend in the game.
As heirlooms have a very low drop rate, they are the most sought-after cosmetic item in the game mainly due to their rarity. And these collection events offer players the ability to directly purchase the new heirloom through event-exclusive Apex packs. Although they are not cheap.
As each event pack costs around 700 Apex coins, in total players will need to spend around 168$ to collect a new heirloom.
- Raiders Collection Event:
- Raiders collection event skins
- Raiders Event Patch Notes
- Raiders collection event release date
Raiders Collection Event:
CHOO CHOO! ALL ABOARD THE WINTER EXPRESS!
This beloved game mode offers three squads the opportunity to board and capture the World’s Edge train. For the first time, Legends will be able to pick their loadout before boarding the train; play around and find the best loadout for you!
The Raiders collection event will introduce a new heirloom to the game. According to the data miners, Wattson is next in line to receive an heirloom. Data miners have already revealed what her heirloom looks like.
Turns out, she is getting some sort of a gadget as her heirloom. A prominent Apex Legends data miner revealed this information a while back.
Wattson’s heirloom is coming
Once you unlock all 24 collectibles, you’ll receive Wattson’s electric Heirloom, the “Energy Reader”!
Raiders collection event skins
Each Legendary skin has a complementary weapon, either in the collection or the prize track. You can earn 1,600 points per day and challenge refresh daily. There are also stretch challenges that reward four unique badges if you complete them during the event.
All of these challenges also stack with your Battle Pass, so you can complete several at once. And of course, the Raiders Collection Event also introduces a brand new set of 24 themed, limited-time cosmetics.
With the Raiders collection event, Valkyrie, Wattson, Wraith, Bloodhound, Revenant, Alternator, C.A.R SMG, Alternator, Flatline, Hemlok, R-301, and the Wingman is getting legendary skin treatment.
And Seer and Ash will only receive an epic tier skin. As these are still leaks from data miners, take them with a grain of salt as Respawn can still add more skins to the list before the official reveal.
Raiders Event Patch Notes
- Wattson: Fixed the issue with fences “sticking” when trying to place a node near a fence.
- Wattson: Fixed bug for cases where Wattson’s Fence nodes ignored player collision.
- Wattson: Fixed bug with the blueprint line not showing up to signify where the fence will be created.
- Wattson: Fixed issue where Caustic’s Ultimate isn’t zapped by the Interception Pylon.
- Wattson: Fixed bug where Arc Stars could stick to and damage the Interception Pylon
- Ash: Based on feedback we’ve increased the audio presence of Ash’s Ultimate.
- Ash will no longer “bleed” when shot and now displays sparks [like Pathfinder and Revenant].
- Ash: fixed cases where a grid pattern would show on some rare and common skins.
- Valkyrie / Revenant: Fixed a bug where using a Skydive with Death Totem at a specific time caused Valkyrie’s skydive to enter a bugged state.
- Valkyrie: Fix for Birthright Skin where Valk’s jetpack control clips into her hands in first person.
- Arenas: Fixed bug where Seer could continuously charge his tactical after it’s reached zero uses.
- Arenas: Reduced reconnect times since the matches are shorter than a Battle Royale match.
- Arenas: Fix for missing ammo UI on the common, rare, or epic, CAR.
- Arenas: Fix for missing horizontal black bars while spectating.
- Arenas: Fix for cases where the Death Tab is missing from the shop window.
ADDITIONAL BUG FIXES
- Fixed issue with a spot on Storm Point where players could camp in unintended areas near Command Center.
- We also addressed multiple minor bugs around the map ranging from misplaced kill triggers and holes in geo.
- Bocek Compound Fracture Legendary skin bug: Fixed an issue where players would still see iron sights when aiming even if another sight is equipped.
- R-301 Dynastic Cycle Legendary skin bug: Fixed an issue with the gun using a mix of two different skins.
- Fixed bug for cases where the Loba Edition displays “No Price Found” when viewed in the store tab.
- Based on feedback we’ve reduced the SFX on reactive skins for the Volt.
- Fixed bug where players were unable to scroll downwards when looting a death box or black market.
- Fixed bug that was preventing players from getting Rampart’s Heirloom even after buying all 24 event packs.
- Fixed bug where players could skydive faster after spamming Ping.
- Fixed issue with players seeing the 888 Elite Mode Badge constantly unlocking.
- Fixed bug where dive trails were not rewarded properly.
- Decreased Focus of Attention detonation delay from 1.6s to 1.4s
Seer was dialed back to a healthier spot with the balance hotfix soon after his release. However, after four months of evaluating his use in the live game, the detonation delay seems a little too sluggish. We want to improve its feel while continuing to evaluate the reveal meta as a whole.
- Base stick damage lowered from 30 -> 10
- Shield Damage Multiplier increased from x3 -> x4 (stick on shielded enemy will now max out at 40 instead of 90)
- Sticking an enemy now applies a slow debuff (reverting Legacy update change)
- Slow duration is now driven by distance to the center of Arc Star detonation
Arc stars excel in a lot of areas. They have high damage potential coupled with a punishing slow, and can be thrown more accurately than other ordnance types. Removing the stick slow created some degenerate play patterns and often made it hard to tell when you got stuck in the heat of battle. We’re bringing that back with a tradeoff of lower damage potential and a proximity based slow falloff in non-stick cases. These changes make stick scenarios more consistent across shield types and make arc stars less effective at area denial.
- Removed increased magazine capacity
Big Maude has been an awesome drop location and a reliable source of early power for teams that win the hotdrop. However, the paintball weapons are proving to be a little too strong so we’re going to remove the increased mag size but keep the handling improvements.
- Shotgun ammo, sniper ammo, and arrow crafting output reduced to a single stack
- Observer Mode – UI and Scoring Improvements for in-game stats menu.
- Observer Mode – Reduced opacity on Loba’s Back Market for map & mini-map.
- Observer Mode – Added toggle option to show next ring location.
- Added [Team] Eliminated text in kill feed for Private Match Anonymous mode.
- Admins now have the ability to end matches in either Observer or Player positions.
- Fixed issue for real time API delay after running consecutive games.
- New real time API events including:
- Shots fired
- Kill awarded
- Line by line formatting
- Unique player IDs
QUALITY OF LIFE
New Custom Reticle Color System
Custom Reticles are here! The new UI can be opened under Gameplay Settings by selecting the Customize option under Reticle.
Once in the new Custom Reticle UI you’ll be able to:
- Select a color from some of our recommended favorites
- Use the color and brightness sliders to find that perfect color
- Manually enter an RGB color
- Toggle between 4 different hand picked environments to preview your reticle
You’ll be able to pick from a lot of colors in the new system, but darker colors won’t be selectable because of how some of our reticles react to the world (additive effect) which would make them invisible. If a manually entered RGB value is in that range, we will do our best to keep that hue but will bring that value closer to a safe color.
Raiders collection event release date
The Raiders collection event will arrive on December 7th, 2021, and will end on December 21st, 2021.