No matter how many times Riot nerfed Akali, she managed herself to be relevant in the meta. But the nerf in patch 10.3 hit her so hard that her pick rate in both pro play and solo queue dropped significantly.
League of Legends lead gameplay designer Mark Yetter tweeted that, they are giving Akali a small buff in the upcoming patch 10.7.
Patch 10.7 changes are:
- R: COOLDOWN
120/90/60 seconds⇒ 100/80/60 seconds
Riot Games reworked Akali back in the patch 8.15. And since then, with the new changes, Riot has now changed her a total 53 times. Akali is a type of champion no matter how many times she gets nerfed, in good hands and pro games she remains overpowered. But her nerf in patch 10.3 slammed her into the ground as she was out from the pro plays as well.
In patch 10.7, Riot has changed her E damage from Physical to Magical. This buff might seem small but it will surely help her when she gets are AP items.
Few patches ago, Akali had a 174% ban rate in the Korean Challenger. This clearly shows, even with a slight buff Akali might get back into the meta and start dominating.
Akali currently only has a 45.63% win rate with a 2.59% pick in the Top lane, which is the lowest among any top lane champions. The numbers clearly show Akali needed some sorts of buffs to make relevant in the solo queue. And Riot Games also planned smart not over buffing her in patch 10.7.
Patch 10.7 Changes:
- Urgot is finally getting his Guardian skin with Pajama Guardian Cosplay skin
- A perfect reworked Fiddlesticks ultimate can now fear all five enemy champions at the same time
- Galio is getting some big changes in upcoming patch 10.7
- Nasus is getting some big buffs in patch 10.7
- Wukong, Garen, Talon, and Nocturn are being targeted to receive nerf in patch 10.7
- Riven, Ivern, Kai’sa, Corki, and Xin Zhao are getting buffs in patch 10.7