Wild Rift Hextech Crafting Explained

Soumyo Deb
By Soumyo Deb
4 Min Read
Image Credits: Riot Games

As patch 4.2 of Wild Rift will introduce a new Hextech Crafting system, here’s everything you have to know.

Hextech Crafting has been one of the most important parts of League of Legends. On the PC version, it is a feature where you can earn skins, champions, and other goodies. Players can mainly earn these skins for free or spend money by buying Hextech or Masterwork chests and getting shards and skins from there. They can also spend orange essence to turn the skin shards into permanent skins.

But in Wild Rift, the only proper way to earn skins is through the in-game shop. Furthermore, another way that players could earn skins for free was through the Poro shop. However, the Poro shop was too tedious and took a lot of grinding to earn one free skin.

While Riot did add Hextech Chests in late 2022, the mechanic wasn’t as deep as the PC version. The main reason for that was the lack of a Hextech Crafting system.

However, Riot will be adding the Hextech Crafting system in patch 4.2. While the system might be similar to the PC version, there are differences. So here’s everything you have to know about the upcoming Hextech Crafting mechanic in Wild Rift.

Read more: Wild Rift Shan Hai Scrolls Aatrox.

Wild Rift: Hextech Crafting

Hextech Crafting is a mechanic where players can earn unique skins and chromas. From there, you can earn random skins from the store, even Wild Pass skins that you didn’t get the chance to earn.

How To Get

You can get these exclusive skins through chests. To open the chests, you need 10 keys, which will cost you up to 150 Wild Cores. In those chests, you will get one skin shard or skin and Silver Stardust or Orange Gemstones.

For odds, there is a 5% chance of getting a skin and a 95% chance of getting a shard.

New Currencies

Silver Stardust

With the introduction of Hextech Crafting, we are also seeing the debut of skin shards. You can turn the skin shards from shards to permanent skins. But to turn them into skins, you have to spend Silver Stardust. Silver Stardust is replacing Orange Essence in Wild Rift.

To get Silver Stardust, you have to open chests. Chests have a chance of containing Silver Stardust. Or you can also convert your Orange Gemstones into Silver Stardust.

Orange Gemstones

Speaking of Orange Gemstones, it is also a new currency in the newest update. Orange Gemstones replaces the Mythic Essence in League PC. You can earn the Orange Gemstones in chests.

Moreover, a new shop will be coming to the game called Orange Gemstones Store. You can purchase skins, pose, border, chroma, and Silver Stardust from there. In the first iteration of the store, you can purchase the exclusive Iconic Garen skin.

Milestones

Riot will be implementing a new Milestone mechanic in the chests. Now, you will get a reward each time you open a certain amount of chests. Here is the current milestone for each amount of chest opened.

Chest OpenedRewards
510 keys
10200 Silver Stardust
25300 Silver Stardust
50300 Silver Stardust
100Epic Skin Shard Selection Chest
120200 Silver Stardust
140100 Silver Stardust
160200 Silver Stardust
180100 Silver Stardust
200Epic Skin Shard Selection Chest II

Wild Rift Hextech Crafting Release Date

The Hextech Crafting system will hit live servers on patch 4.2, scheduled to release on May 26, 2023.

Soumyo Deb is a League of Legends writer at GameRiv and a dedicated Jungle Main. When he is not writing about the latest League news, he is testing out various off-meta champions in the jungle.