Riot Games has officially revealed patch notes for the upcoming VALORANT 4.05 update.
VALORANT patch 4.04 came out back on March 1, 2022. In that patch, Riot Games made some changes to shake up VALORAT’s gameplay a lot. All the controller agents either got nerfed or buffed. Additionally, the reworked Yoru changes dropped, bringing him on par with other duelist agents in the game. The Icebox map also got revamped a lot.
But, now it’s time for VALORANT’s latest 4.05 update to drop. Many VALORANT players thought Brimstone’s buffs were too much, especially his steam beacons. Previously Brimstone had to wait for his steam beacon cooldown to throw another one. But after patch 4.04, he could throw both of them down immediately.
Riot Games has considered this and nerfed this ability in the latest VALORANT patch 4.05. Additionally, new auto-generated customized crosshair profiles are also here. There are also some changes to game system updates and bug fixes. Riot Games released a blog post detailing the full patch notes for the VALORANT 4.05 update, and below, you will find all its details.
Read More: VALORANT Patch Notes 4.05 PBE: Toxicity in Voice Chat, Auto-Generated Crosshair Customization, & More
VALORANT Patch Notes 4.05:
Brimstone’s Stim Beacon now has only one charge, and the cost is also increased. This is a huge nerf to him, according to some.
- Stim Beacon
- Charges reduced 2 >>> 1
- Cost increased 100 >>> 200
GAME SYSTEM UPDATES
- Added the ability to import and export different crosshair settings via auto-generated codes.
- To export and share your personal crosshair settings, go to Settings >> Crosshair tab >> click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing up, found next to Crosshair Profile (it looks like an up arrow chilling in the middle of a bowl). Your auto-generated code will be copied to your clipboard.
- To import crosshair settings, go to Settings >> Crosshair tab >> click on the icon that looks like an arrow pointing down next to Crosshair Profile. Input or paste the code in the provided field and click the “Import” button.
- The crosshair preview at the top of the Settings Menu should reflect the imported settings. Make sure to give it a unique profile name!
Updated “Prioritize Strongest Weapon” setting
- Reworked ‘Prioritize Strongest Weapon’ setting
- Renamed setting to Auto-Equip Prioritizes: Most Recent | Strongest
- Updated the priority system to support weapon-like abilities (previous priority: Primary > Secondary > Melee)
- New priority: (Ultimate & Primary) > (Secondary & Chamber Pistol) > Melee
- Resolve priority ties by selecting the more recently equipped weapon
- Added a new setting: Don’t Auto-Equip Melee
- Skips past the melee when finding the most recent weapon to auto-equip.
- Prevents pulling the melee back out after channeling or casting abilities, without changing any other auto-equip behavior.
- Deterministic Map System enabled for all regions
- As explained in Patch Notes 4.04, this rollout should increase the variety of maps in your queue based on a system we tested in the LATAM region.
- Fixed a bug that was causing the Leave Match button to function incorrectly for PBE players
- Fixed issue where Sova’s Recon Bolt was destroyed by Brimstone’s Orbital Strike even if the Recon Bolt was well out of the area
- Fixed a bug where the mic icon on the scoreboard could not be interacted with after hovering over it with the mouse
- There are a handful of bug fixes prepped for Icebox, but the team ran into an issue that blocked us from shipping them right at 4.05 launch. We hope to ship these before the next patch and will list them here as soon as we do.
Read More: VALORANT: VCT NA Stage 1 Main Event Predictions