If you don’t like speaking through your mic while playing or unable to do so. Don’t worry, you have other ways to communicate with your teammates in VALORANT.
VALORANT is a 5v5 tactical shooter Agents’ abilities meet the precise gunplay. The game is heavily inspired by Counter-Strike: Global Offensive which has pretty similar sets of weapons and features in the game.
It is a team-based game, and players need to coordinate with each other to become victorious. So, communicating with your teammates is a very crucial part of VALORANT. However, there are times when your mic is broken, or you don’t want to talk to your teammates via mic for different reasons.
Riot Games has several features, such as the team chat option or ping, to prevent that from happening. There’s also another feature Riot included that most people don’t know about. The feature is called the Radio Command Wheel. With it, you can make your Agents give callouts during a match.
Read More: VALORANT: What is Raw Accel?
How Does Radio Command Wheel Work?
Radio Command Wheel is a feature implemented in VALORANT that can be used to give specific calls to your teammates. With simple commands, your Agents will talk specific voice words through the Radio Command Wheel. Instead of writing out what you want to say, using the Radio Command Wheel saves you a lot of time.
It is also easier because you can give much information to your teammates by pressing only one or two buttons. Riot Games has included all possible callouts in the Radio Command Wheel feature. So, when you want to convey any message to your teammate, you can just use the Radio Command Wheel feature and make your Agents talk for you.
How to Make Your Agents Talk (Turn Radio Command Wheel)
To make your Agents talk during the game, you need to turn Radio Command Wheel on from the settings. To do that:
- Open VALORANT and go to Settings
- Go to Controls and find the Communication tab
- Scroll down to Radio Commands Wheel settings
- You’ll find 4 different options under the Radio Commands Wheel settings
- The Radio Command Wheel Index and Combat/ Tactics Radio Command Wheel are the same, so bind any convenient key for any of these options
- Then, bind any convenient key for Strategy Radio Command Wheel
- Again, bind any convenient key for Social Radio Command Wheel (this one is optional as this wheel does not contain any important callouts)
- Now, if you are in a VALORANT match, depending on what you want to say, press the designated button to open Combat/ Tactics, Social, or Strategy Radio Command Wheel
- While keeping the button pressed, choose any message with your mouse
- If you selected what you want your Agent to say, leave the button
- Your Agent will now talk
All Agent Voice Words & Radio Commands
There are a total of 22 voice words and radio commands under 3 command wheels in VALORANT. 8 voice words under the Combat/ Tactics Radio Command Wheel, 6 under the Social Radio Command Wheel, and 8 under the Strategy Radio Command Wheel. The commands are as follows:
- Combat/ Tactics Radio Command Wheel
- I’ll Take Point
- Need Healing
- On My Way
- Ultimate Status
- Need Support
- Watching Area
- Social Radio Command Wheel
- Strategy Radio Command Wheel
- Play for Picks
- Rush Them
- Going A
- Going B
- Going C
- Let’s Rotate
- Fall Back
- Be Quiet
Well, there you go! Now you know how to make your Agents talk and communicate with your teammates without even opening your mic. This will make your VALORANT journey less frustrating and more enjoyable.