A short video released by VALORANT’s official Twitter account gives us an insight about the upcoming agent.
A few days ago, a report from Cynprel indicated the arrival of a new agent was imminent. However, the slight changes of SFX & VFX in the Portal on Breeze provided no information about the agent’s physical shape or ability. VALORANT’s official Twitter account shared a small 2-second video of the agent in which it looks astonishingly similar to “Pathfinder” from Apex Legends.
As shown in the video, the new agent has a metallic body with multiple moving parts and an unattached head. Parts of the agent’s body appear to be active while the head is totally separated and likely gathering information via some data cables. Legs and some other physical aspects of the agent were also missing in the short teaser. The primary body of the agent is also in a hanging state with some cables attached to the lower portion.
Riot Games has finally dropped the reveal trailer of agent KAY/O. Episode 2 ACT 3 will end in about 5 days, prior to the launch of Episode 3, KAY/O will certainly add much more flavors to the VALORANT meta.
Release date & Abilities
KAY/O offers three standard abiltiies and one ultimate ability.
- ZERO/POINT – Equip a suppression blade. FIRE to throw. The blade sticks to the first surface it hits winds up and then suppresses anyone in the radius of the explosion.
- Right Clicking the flashbang, throws a charged flash, causing it to only have to cook for 1 second, as opposed to left click throwing a flash that cooks in 1.6 seconds.
- FLASH/DRIVE – Equip a flash grenade. FIRE to throw. The flash grenade explodes after a short fuse, blinding anyone in line of sight.
- FRAG/MENT – Equip an explosive fragment. FIRE to throw. The fragment sticks to the floor and explodes multiple times, dealing near-lethal damage at the center with each explosion.
- Ultimate: NULL/CMD – Overload with polarized Radianite energy that empowers KAY/O and causes large energy pulses to emit from his location. Enemies hit with these pulses are suppressed for a short duration.
KAY/O’s arsenal of abilities is definitely meant to create an advantageous position for the team. All initiators in the game have abilities that are effective in the direst situations; in the case of KAY/O, the fundamental will stay the same. Since the agent is also equipped with a flash grenade, it’s safe to assume that aggressive players can also try out KAY/O as a good alternative. Team Liquid’s ” Zero Duelist” meta might get a rebirth after the release of KAY/O.
The next VALORANT Episode is about to launch on June 22. Even though the agent’s insider information is not available at the moment, it’s highly likely that VALORANT players will get their hands on the agent on the same day of Episode 3’s launch. We will continuously update the article once more information is available about Agent 16.