If you are having trouble with the SESSION-09-25 error in Shatterline, don’t worry! This article will explain why this error occurs and how you can fix it.
Shatterline is a new Free-to-Play FPS game currently in an early access state on Steam. The game currently has a roguelike Co-Op mode called Expedition and several traditional game modes such as TDM, Conquest, Plant-the-bomb, and Escort.
The game has a very satisfactory shooting mechanism, resembling a lot of Call of Duty and Battlefield. However, the characters or Operatives in the game have distinct abilities similar to VALORANT and Rainbow Six Siege, categorized into 4 different classes.
- Read More: GTA 6 Leak Reveal Protagonist Names
With time, the game is gaining popularity in the FPS gaming community. However, it is not free from flaws as an early access game. As a result, players are getting a peculiar error called “SESSION-09-25” preventing them from playing the game.
How to Fix SESSION-09-25
Many players in the Shatterline community have reported a very weird rrror, SESSION-09-25. This mainly occurs if the DNS of your internet service provider is blocking Amazon Servers. As the game mainly runs on Amazon Servers, you cannot connect to Shatterline if your DNS is blocking Amazon Servers.
There are two possible fixes for SESSION-09-25. One by using Cloudflare Warp, another by changing your primary DNS to Google open DNS.
Here’s a step-by-step guide on both fixes:
First Fix (Cloudflare Warp)
- Go to Cloudflare Warp
- Download Warp by clicking Windows
- Install Cloudflare Warp
- Cloudflare Warp will automatically run on your windows background
- Click on your Show Hidden Icons from the right side of your Windows taskbar
- Right click on Cloudflare Warp> Click the Gears icon from the bottom right> Select 18.104.22.168> Turn on Warp by sliding the white circle button to the right
There you go! Now you can get into Shatterline without getting the SESSION-09-25 error. This is more like a temporary solution. However, if you want to go for the second fix, you can change your DNS to Google open DNS as a permanent solution.
Second Fix (Use Google Open DNS)
Changing DNS server settings on Windows 10
- Go to the Control Panel.
- Click Network and Internet > Network and Sharing Center > Change adapter settings.
- Select the connection for which you want to configure Google Public DNS. For example:
- To change the settings for an Ethernet connection, right-click the Ethernet interface and select Properties.
- To change the settings for a wireless connection, right-click the Wi-Fi interface and select Properties. If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Select the Networking tab. Under This connection uses the following items, select Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) or Internet Protocol Version 6 (TCP/IPv6) and then click Properties.
- Click Advanced and select the DNS tab. If there are any DNS server IP addresses listed there, write them down for future reference, and remove them from this window.
- Click OK.
- Select Use the following DNS server addresses. If there are any IP addresses listed in the Preferred DNS server or Alternate DNS server, write them down for future reference.
- Replace those addresses with the IP addresses of the Google DNS servers:
- For IPv4:
- For IPv6:
- For IPv6-only: you can use Google Public DNS64 instead of the IPv6 addresses in the previous point.
- For IPv4:
- Test that your setup is working correctly; see Test your new settings.
- Repeat the procedure for additional network connections you want to change.
If you’re using MacOS or want to know more about how you can change these settings, click this link. Also, the process will differ a lot if you’re using a router. So, we recommend you use the first fix as it is straightforward, and you can turn it on and off anytime you want.
- Read More: GTA 6 Shooting Mechanics Leaked
There you go! Using either of these fixes will solve your issue with the SESSION-09-25 error. Now you can enter Shatterline and enjoy the game without any problem.