Riot Forge has shared some more information about Ruined King: A League of Legends Story including a new gameplay video.
Ever since last year, Riot has been teasing their upcoming single-player League of Legends story-based game within the world of Runeterra. Ruined King: A League of Legends Story, the first indie game developed by Riot Forge will be a turn-based RPG that will uncover the mysteries of Bilgewater and the Shadow Isles.
Previously, during League of Legends’ Worlds 2020, Riot has shared all the playable characters in the game featuring Miss Fortune, Illaoi, Braum, Yasuo, Ahri, and Pyke. Moreover, they have also revealed Ruined King’s first look as well.
And now at The Game Awards, Riot Forge has shared the first gameplay video of the upcoming Ruined King: A League of Legends Story game that is scheduled to release in 2021.
According to Riot Forge, Ruined King introduces a “new spin” on the indie RPG genre, especially with combat.
Players will be able to level up the champion, and each champion will have Attack Power, Will, Stamina, Physical Defense, Magic Defense, Critical Damage, Critical Chance, Haste, Evade, Armor Penetration, Magic Penetration, and Lifesteal.
Ruined King uses a turn-based, lane initiative combat system meaning champions will take turns casting lane, instant, and ultimate abilities. Moreover, the game is also going to have swords, pistols, and Warmog’s armor that can be equipped to champions.
Here are some of the activities players can do in the Ruined King, according to Riot Forge.
- Bounty Board – Check the bounty board and hunt powerful minibosses in the world for big rewards.
- Fishing – Go fishing not only to catch the various aquatic life in Bilgewater but also any treasures that may be at the bottom of the ocean. Ruined King will also feature a Fishiary to track the fish you catch. Fish can also be used in cooking and can be traded to the fishmonger for Black Marks to be used to purchase exclusive items from the Black Market.
- Bestiary – Track the creatures you encounter and fight with information on their abilities, locations and loot. Unlock Beast Perks for defeating large amounts of specific creatures, granting permanent passive boosts to the Champions.
- Side Quests – There are many side quests that give valuable rewards ranging from items to new ultimates and legendary weapons, as well as puzzles to solve, and secrets to find.
- Battle Arena – Fight through waves of enemies to receive rewards based on your performance.
- Lore – Find lore scattered through the world for extra bits of story. Collecting lore also unlocks rewards for how much players find.