Rainbow Six Siege players were getting really unhappy with the lack of new maps introduced to the game. Outback was the last map that was brought to the game over three years ago. But finally, that streak is now ending, as Ubisoft is releasing the new Emerald Plains tonight on all platforms.
The Y7S1.2 mid-season patch is bringing the new map, alongside a plethora of balancing changes. The Siege devs even planned to remove Smoke’s toxic gas immunity with this patch; however, they later reversed the decision after receiving strong feedback against it from the community.
The Y7S1.2 Patch will be deployed at 13:00 UTC for PC, which includes Steam, Ubisoft Connect, Stadia, and Amazon Luna. For Xbox and Playstation users, the update will drop at 14:00 and 15:00 UTC respectively. The servers will go down for an hour for the patch to be deployed.
Below you will find the download sizes for each platform.
- Ubisoft Connect: 3.75 GB
- Steam: 1.9 GB
- Xbox One: 2.46 GB
- Xbox Series X: 2.61 GB
- PS4: 2.98 GB
- PS5: 2.32 GB
Check out the full Y7S1.2 Patch Notes below: (via Ubisoft)
R6S Y7S1.2 Patch Notes
- Added Emerald Plains to Ranked, Unranked, Quick Match, Team Deathmatch, Newcomer and Lone Wolf PVE map playlists.
- A blog post with more details about Emerald Plains will be coming soon and can be found here.
- Bandit can now attach multiple batteries to the same surface or device.
- Added Claymore (removed Breaching Charges).
- Gridlock now has 4 Trax canisters (from 3).
NOMAD + ORYX
- Recovery time from knock-back effects is now 1.25s (from 2s).
- Operators will now remain prone after recovering from a knock-back effect.
- Increased duration and cooldown of Glance Smart Glasses to 20s each (from 10s).
- Reduced duration of the Candelas flash to 1.4s (from 2.8s).
- Increased the number of Candelas to 4 (from 3).
- Increased the number of Claymores to 2 (from 1).
TWEAKS AND IMPROVEMENTS
- Added Field of View slider on console (PS4, PS5, Xbox One & Xbox Series S/X).
- Please note, setting the field of view above 60 may result in lower frame rate and some graphical issues.
- Removed Outback from the Newcomer playlist.
- FIXED – Various Team Deathmatch issues.
- FIXED – Players are not getting points for destroying drones during “Prep Phase”.
- FIXED – Operators are receiving damage after being pushed through a destroyed wall by Nomad or Oryx.
- FIXED – Operators affected by Capitão’s Asphyxiation Bolt still take damage after the fire disappears and Capitão exits the game.
- FIXED – Montagne will retain his Ballistic shield equipped if Oryx pushes him while retracting the Shield.
- FIXED – Defenders can see Jackal footprints in support mode after reconnecting.
- FIXED – Various LOD issues on Emerald Plains map.
- FIXED – Various LOD issues on multiple maps.
- FIXED – Various Azami Kiba Barrier issues.
- FIXED – Deployable gadgets get destroyed when Kapkan deploys his EDD in their proximity.
- FIXED – Tachanka can kill the hostage when the Hostage Death setting is turned off.
- FIXED – Various operator VFX issues.
- FIXED – Various Localization issues.
- FIXED – Various Customization issues.
- FIXED – Various UI issues.
- FIXED – Various Shop issues.
- FIXED – Various Audio and SFX issues.
- FIXED – Various Battle Pass issues.
- FIXED – Missing blood particles when taking damage.
- FIXED – Various key binding issues.
- FIXED – Multiple playlist and matchmaking issues.