Ubisoft has deployed Rainbow Six Siege‘s latest Y6S2.2 Patch on the Test Server earlier today.
The new Y6S2.2 Patch addresses some important bug fixes while changing up the ranked playlist, which came as a surprise to the entire Siege community. Ubisoft has announced that the newly reworked Favela map is coming to the Ranked and Unranked playlists, following this upcoming update.
Rainbow Six Siege Y6S2 North Star update lacked behind in terms of content compared to the previous seasons, which is why some players were asking to bring the new Favela map into the Ranked playlist. And now, Ubisoft has heard their wishes and is bringing the once-despised Favela in Ranked.
On the other hand, the devs have fixed the silent C4/Nade bug, which was brought to the limelight by Pengu. The bug allowed players to remove the deployment sound of Nitro Cells and Grenade, thus not allowing players to be indicated of a potential explosive coming their way.
Read the full Y6S2.2 Patch Notes down below:
- Added 2.0x scope to ACS12 (removed 1.5x scope).
- Added 1.5x scope to MX4 Storm.
- Removed 1.5x scope from C1.
- Added Deployable Shield (removed Proximity Alarm).
- Increased Shumikha Launcher grenades to 14 (from 10).
- Improved DP-27 destruction:
- 0 to 4.99m: 0.3 radius hole per shot.
- 5 to 7.99m: 0.2 radius hole per shot.
- Beyond 8m: 0.2 radius hole after three shots.
- Modified M762 recoil so it’s harder to control:
- Vertical recoil increased.
- Horizontal spread will be stronger to the the left.
- Long burst recoil will start on the 8th bullet (was 12th).
- Increased damage to 69 (from 59).
- Increased damage to 63 (from 57).
TWEAKS AND IMPROVEMENTS
Included Favela map in Ranked and Unranked.
Added the reworked Favela map to Ranked and Unranked playlists so players have more opportunities to play and test it.
- FIXED – There is no deployment SFX if a player deploys a frag grenade or C4 and crouches or goes prone at the same time.
- FIXED – Players lose camera control if they play a match while under an Abandon Penalty.
- FIXED – On PC, the Windows cursor remains stuck on screen, blocking camera movement.
- FIXED – Jackal’s Eyenox Model III continues to ping Defenders after Jackal is eliminated.
- FIXED – IQ’s Electronics Detector automatically reequips after IQ places a Breach Charge.
- FIXED – Two soft walls cannot be reinforced while Defenders are standing on a reinforced hatch in 1F Public Bathroom on Consulate map.
- FIXED – Gap on top of barricaded doorway allows LOS into EXT Pedestrian Customs on Border Map.
- FIXED – Several LOD issues on Villa map.
- FIXED – Defuser can be dropped behind indestructible plant pots at EXT Terrace on Villa Map.
- FIXED – Player movement dips while passing over the triangular gap between PC boxes in 2F Coin Farm on Favela Map.
- FIXED – Deployable devices float when placed on wooden beams on Kafe Dostoyevsky map.
- FIXED – Keyboard players who browse the Charms category in the shop experience navigation issues.
- FIXED – UMP45 has the wrong weapon skin thumbnail for Six Major NA 2021.
- FIXED – Booster icon is missing from the Booster activation confirmation side-panel.
- FIXED – Battle Pass tab in Post-Action Report does not immediately update for players who complete the last tier of the Battle Pass.
- FIXED – In-game feedback may linger on screen over several rounds.
- FIXED – Incorrect Traditional Chinese character present in Thunderbird’s Bio.