Learn about all the cheat codes you can use in Portal 2. With these codes, you bet you are going to have a fun time in this puzzling mayhem.
Portal 2 is said to be the proud successor of its father, Portal. In this first-person world, your purpose is to open portals and go on an adventure. Unlike Rick said, in and out. We know what happened later.
Portal 2 follows the story from the end of Portal. The story will be directed from Chell’s point of view in this case. She has seen a lot since the end of the last era. Chell awakes to see a completely different environment and gets lost in her thought. Soon she meets Wheatley, and the story continues at its own pace since then.
To talk about cheats, there are actually a lot of codes you can try on both PC and consoles. These cheats can cheat your way even through modifying the in-game experience. Try what suits you best. To put it differently, try all of the cheat codes and learn to have some fun along the way in Portal 2. Let’s hop in without further ado.
Read More: MADiSON: All Combination Lock Codes
Portal 2 Cheat Codes for PC
There are a couple of steps to follow to use cheats on a PC. Let’s look at these:
- Press the tilde (~) key to open the console menu
- Type in “sv_cheats 1” and hit that Enter. This will enable the cheat mode.
- To disable the cheat mode, go to the console menu once again and type in “sv_cheats 0”. After that, proceed with hitting that Enter. Easy as cake.
Now that we know the portal to the cheat world, let’s see what’s waiting for us down there without delay.
- firstperson: First person view
- thirdperson: Third person view
- god: Invincibility
- buddha: Immortal
- notarget: No Turrets will shoot at you
- noclip: No clipping mode
- host_timescale (raise by 0, 1, or 2): Set game speed (1 by default)
- ent_create_paint_bomb_portal: Shoot Conversion Gel from your face
- ent_create_paint_bomb_speed: Shoot Propulsion Gel from your face
- ent_create_paint_bomb_jump: Shoot Repulsion Gel from your face
- ent_create_paint_bomb_erase: Shoots water from your face
- ent_create_portal_reflector_cube: Spawn reflector cube for lasers
- ent_create_portal_companion_cube: Spawn a companion cube
- sv_gravity [number]: Set gravity (600 by default)
- sv_speed_paint_acceleration [number]f: Set the acceleration of the Speed Gel (“500.0f” by default)
- sv_speed_paint_max [number]f: Set the maximum speed obtainable from Speed Gel (“800.0f” by default)
- sv_portal_placement_never_fail [type 0/1 at the end to disable/ enable]: Toggle portal placement
- portalgun_fire_delay [number]: Set the minimum speed in seconds the Portal Gun is fired (“0.20” by default)
- portalgun_held_button_fire_fire_delay [number]: Set the minimum speed in seconds the Portal Gun will shoot when the trigger is held (“0.5” by default)
- cl_showfps 1: View frame rate
- cl_showpos 1: View your position and speed in the game
- ch_createjeep: Spawn Dune Buggy
Portal 2 Cheat Codes for Controllers
To use cheats in controllers, follow these steps real quick:
- First of all, pause the game.
- Tap in the codes according to the instructions.
Freshly baked cheat results will be waiting for you once you get back in the game.
Before we take the next step, let me clear up a thing. The codes below are for the Xbox controller, as you will be able to see the key alignment. To use in PS, L1 is LB, and R1 is RB. However, let’s get back into the codes.
- Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, Y, Y: Portal Gun V1
- Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, X, X: Portal Gun V2
- Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, A, A: Portal Gun V3
- Up, Left, Down, Right, Up, Left, Down, Right, B, B: Portal Gun V4
- X, B, LB, RB, Left, Right, LB, RB, LT, RT: Upgrade Portal Gun
- LS, LS, LS, LS, RS, RS, RS, RS, RB, RB: Safe Toggle
- LS, LS, LS, LS, RS, RS, RS, RS, LB, LB: Status Toggle
- LB, LB, RB, RB, LB, RB, LB, RB, Left, Right: Wireframe Mode
- Down, B, A, B, Y, Down, B, A, B, Y: Create Box
- Y, A, B, A. B, Y, Y, A, Left, Right: Place Portal Anywhere
- Up, Y, Y, X, X, A, A, B, B, Up: Fire Energy Ball
- Up, Y, Y, B, B, A, A, X, X, Up: Fire Rocket Projectile
- Up, Up, Up, LB, Up, Up, Up, RB, Up, Up: No Clip