Are you facing the “Missing Skins & Cosmetics” problem? Don’t worry as we explain why this problem is occurring and what you can do to fix it.
Overwatch 2 is the most anticipated multiplayer title of 2022. Blizzard has finally released the game, pulling down cover on its predecessor, Overwatch 1. Unlike OW1, this game is a free-to-play title. Being an F2P, players are flooding the game to try out everything new the game has to offer.
Unfortunately, the game’s launch has been problematic for Blizzard. The game is facing countless DDoS attacks and server issues. Amidst all these issues, some players report missing skins and cosmetics that were supposed to carry over from Overwatch 1.
Why are the Skins and Cosmetics Missing?
Overwatch 2 has replaced Overwatch, with skins and cosmetics transferred to the game from its predecessor. As players merge their game accounts, all the skins and cosmetics will automatically carry over to the game. However, a few players are reportedly not seeing their skins and cosmetics.
As per the reports and official confirmation by Blizzard, the missing skins and cosmetics are happening due to a bug, and they are currently investigating why this issue is occurring.
Fix for Missing Skins and Cosmetics
Although it is confirmed to be a bug, missing skins and cosmetics can be a reason for not merging accounts. So, players have found a workaround, that can fix the missing skins and cosmetics issue in Overwatch 2.
Here’s a step-by-step by guide:
Method – 1
- Log in to Overwatch from your console account.
- Follow the instructions to scan a QR Code on your mobile phone.
- Enter the code displayed on your console to connect to or create your Blizzard Battle.net Account.
- A prompt to confirm your account will appear.
- In the next game, log in to merge your accounts.
Method – 2
If the first fix doesn’t solve the problem, contact Blizzard Support to seek technical help. Here’s how you do it:
- Head over to https://us.battle.net/support/en/games/overwatch.
- Now navigate to the “Technical” option.
- Select the “Contact Support” button.
- Fill in the description to describe your issue.
- Then select the “I still need help” prompt.
- Select “Techincal> Your Platform> Can’t connect> Contact Us.”
- Log in to your Battle.net account.
- Finally, submit a ticket concerning your issue.
It should be noted that Overwatch 2 is facing serious server issues currently as thousands of players are waiting to get their hands on the game. Furthermore, the account merge process should take time to complete. So, hopefully, our fixes will help you solve the issue, as Blizzard will release a fix for all the concurrent problems in the next few weeks.