Is the “Game Server Connection Failed Error” stopping you from playing Overwatch 2? Rest assured, as we discuss why this happens and what you can do to fix it.
Overwatch 2 is the most anticipated multiplayer title of 2022. Blizzard has finally released the game, pulling down cover on its predecessor, Overwatch. Unlike OW1, this game is a free-to-play title. Being a F2P, players are flooding the game to try out everything new the game has to offer.
Unfortunately, the game’s launch has not been smooth sailing for Blizzard. As the game is a F2P title, players are jumping in to take a peek at the game. The game’s server is facing issues with thousands of players flooding in. On the other hand, DDoS attacks are also causing problems for the game’s server. Players are also being greeted with the game server connection failed error.
Read More: Overwatch 2: How to Fix Account Merge Not Working
What is the Game Server Connection Failed Error?
The game server connection failed error suggests that the server you are trying to get into is full at the moment. Furthermore, the internet connection to the game’s server could also be an issue. However, the DDoS attacks the OW servers are facing now could also be why this error is so prevalent.
Fixes for Game Server Connection Failed Error
Fix – 1
The primary fix to eliminate this error is changing your OW2 server region before launching the game. Here’s how you change the server region in OW2:
- Launch Battle.net. (Close Overwatch 2 first.)
- Select “Overwatch 2”.
- Click on the “Globe” icon.
- Change the region to another one. (Example- If you’re in the Americas, select the Asia server.)
- Finally, launch Overwatch 2.
Fix – 2
If the first fix doesn’t solve the problem, contact Blizzard Support to seek technical help. Here’s how you do it:
- Head over to https://us.battle.net/support/en/games/overwatch.
- Now navigate to the “Technical” option.
- Select the “Contact Support” button.
- Fill in the description to describe your issue.
- Then select the “I still need help” prompt.
- Select “Techincal> Your Platform> Can’t connect> Contact Us.”
- Log in to your Battle.net account.
- Finally, submit a ticket concerning your issue.
It should be noted that Overwatch 2 is facing serious server issues currently as thousands of players are waiting to get their hands on the game. So, hopefully, our fixes will help you solve the issue until Blizzard releases a fix for all the concurrent problems.
Read More: Overwatch 2: How To Unlock Competitive Mode